Part 7 - The End

A/N: Ok we have a small description of Angel here but it doesn't matter I guess since you are the protagonist of this.

Your eyelids felt really heavy. You were enveloped by darkness but somehow you were aware of your surroundings. Well, as much as you could be. You were laying on something soft, it felt like a bed, but you actually thought that you were on some cloud. A light blanket was covering you; managing to bring you some kind of warmth.

You took in an inhale and let out a soft groan. You forced your eyes to open and even though it hurt you slowly but surely managed to open them. You groaned more when you felt the light hit your face and blinked a couple times to adjust your eyes. Although your vision was blurry in the beginning your sight finally managed to clear up.

You frowned as you took in your surroundings, more so when you got to think of how you got to be in this place. You were in a bedroom, laying on a king sized bed. The bedroom itself was simple, not extravagant, yet it managed to make you feel instantly at home. Which was completely wrong because you were not home. You panicked slightly when everything came rushing back. From Stiles leaving, to you talking with Sam and then passing out.

What had happened? How had you gotten in this place? Where was this place?

"(Y/n)?" Sam's voice made your head snap to his direction. He was sitting on an armchair at a corner of the room, next to a big bookshelf. He had his hands resting on his knees and you could clearly see from the mess his hair was in that he had been running his hands through them. A worried look was evident on his face and you could see the bags under his eyes that indicated the lack of sleep.

"You're awake? Oh thank God" he breathed out, running a hand down his face.

"Sam? What- What happened?" you croaked out, moving in the bed so that you were in a sitting position.

He was quick to come by your side "You passed out. I-I got worried because you wouldn't wake up and I took you at my place. I called a doctor to check up on you and he said that you'd taken something like- like sleeping pills. I-I didn't get it but he told me that what you'd taken was really strong and not subscribed for people your age and-" he let out a frustrated groan and ran a hand through his hair.

"(Y/n) please tell me you didn't try anything. Please tell me that-" he started speaking again but you cut him off.

"No, Sam. I didn't do anything. Somebody must have put something in my drink last night, that's all." you said rubbing your head.

He let out a small sigh of relief and moved closer to you. He wrapped his arms around you and buried his face in your hair. You instantly let yourself relax, something that was not hard when it came to being in Sam's arms, and you buried your face in his broad chest, taking in a deep breath and smelling his scent that always brought a sense of comfort in you.

"I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you" he said, letting out a shaky breath. His face was inches apart from yours and he could easily lean in, as he was cupping your cheek, to kiss you and you, most probably, would not have raised any objection to that. Not when you saw his red and puffy eyes from crying looking at you with that puppy look in them.

You were just millimeters from leaning in to kiss him and therefore take back all you had said. But you knew you couldn't.

"Yeah, don't worry. I didn't try anything although that would be the best solution in our case" you said as coldly as you could.

"What? No, (Y/n) no. Please don't say that." he manged to say in a trembling, though, voice.

"It would not make any difference to you now, would it? You made it obvious what you think of me. To you I am just a whore that wanted to sleep with her teacher to brag about it later. Nothing more. So why not rid you of my existence? Maybe I should just-" you had started rambling, trying to be as bitter as you could although you were mostly hurt at thinking that that's what Sam thought about you.

"Don't" Sam said firmly, cutting you off "Don't you dare say it, ok? If you so much think once again that ending your life is the only solution then you are wrong"

"Well, it is the only way to numb the pain anyway" you stated calmly.

"But you won't do it because I won't allow it. You will not put yourself in danger for any kind of reason, especially me! You hear me?!" he spoke- basically shouted at you and your eyes widened. You felt the entire room shake while it was just you. It was as if something clicked inside you and you frowned at the weird feeling but nodded at him nonetheless.

"Sorry" he breathed out "I just- I'm really sorry, (Y/n). For all of the things I said last night. I didn't mean any of them. I would never think something like that of you." he said with guilt looking down at his hands.

"Then why did you?" your voice came out in a whisper.

"I- I got jealous. Really jealous." he admitted "You've been so distant and cold towards me all these weeks. You hardly paid any attention to me and didn't even want to talk just like we did in the past. Like friends. And last night- Last night you came there, more beautiful than I have ever seen you and were with another guy. You- you were so close with him, laughing and dancing and- when you looked at me you immediately averted your eyes. And I- I was hurt, yes, but most of all I was jealous." he let out a sigh and ran a hand down his face "And I messed up everything. I ruined every last chance I had of getting you back" he said with a shake of his head.

You opened your mouth ready to speak. Ready to tell him that he hadn't ruined his chances of getting you back because he had never actually lost you. That you still loved him and, though you feared it, you wanted to be with him. That he was the only in your heart and no guy could ever replace him. But you knew you couldn't.

He looked at you and forced a smile on his face. He hesitantly brought his hand to cup your cheek and rubbed his thumb over it. The heartbroken look on his face was breaking your own heart and you couldn't stand looking in his eyes for longer. You could look away either, though.

You opened your mouth to speak but another voice cut you off.

"Sam?" said a feminine voice.

Yours and Sam's heads snapped to the direction the voice came from. A girl, probably a couple years older than you, was standing on the door holding what looked like clothes folded in her hands. She was about your height and had long brown hair that she'd let down. She had a cute face, big chocolate eyes adorning it and a sweet smile, a dimple appearing on one of her cheeks; or was it a birthmark? You couldn't tell. What you could tell for sure was that she was beautiful and her mere presence made you feel self conscious. All the more when you though of what she could be to Sam. An ex that had forgotten something and came back? A girl he met and gave her his address to visit him because he liked her?... A girl he was already with in a relationship?... His mate?

"Angel?" Sam's voice was heard "Oh thanks for coming" he said letting out a sigh.

"No problem. Sorry for being late, I couldn't find the right clothes." she said in a soft voice, looking at Sam till her eyes fell on you "And you must be (Y/n), right?" she asked and you nodded.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Angel" she said warmly extending her hand for you to shake.

"Uh Angel is my brother's mate. It's the man you met a while ago at class" he said and you found yourself letting out a sigh of relief. You remembered him, faintly though. Shorter than Sam, green eyes, blonde hair.

"Yeah yeah I remember him" you said.

"Impossible to forget" Angel muttered with a roll of her eyes "Just like every Winchester" she added and earned a bitch face from Sam.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he raised an eyebrow at her and she just shrugged.

"Nothing, never mind. Just-" she glanced at you for a second "Do you mind going to get us something to eat? I'm feeling like it and I'm sure (Y/n) is hungry as well" she said and after glancing at you Sam nodded and left.

"Ok" she said letting out a sigh and looking at you once Sam was gone "So I've got you some clothes here. You look about the same size with me so I think they will fit you perfectly. You can keep them if you like them as well" she said.

"Thank you but you don't really have to. I can return home like this I have no problem" you said getting up from the bed.

"Yeah but it is no problem for me either. Besides you are not going to return home yet. We need to make sure you are alright and of course you'll have to eat something first" she said handing you the clothes "I'll let you to change. I'll wait for you outside on the living room" she added and was out of the door to leave you on your own.

With a final sigh you agreed and started taking off your dress and proceeded to wear the clothes she'd given you, which surprisingly fit perfectly well and were your taste. Maybe she was more of a nerd like you than she'd let it show. Taking a final look on the mirror you turned and exited the bedroom.

You were still trying to take in your surroundings in Sam's small apartment when you spotted her leaning over the counter and filling two mugs with coffee.

She handed you one and took hers in her hands as you both made your way to sit on the couches.

"I always tell my boyfriend that drinking black coffee in the morning without having eaten something is damaging to the health but oh well" she shrugged and took a sip of her coffee.

"Sam's brother right?" you asked.

"Yeah, his name's Dean. And much like Sam he is an Alpha" she was quick to reply.

"And you are married or...?" you trailed off.

"No. Not yet at least. We both wanted to wait some time. Mostly because I wanted to finish college first, get a job of my own and then think about family, kids and all that" she said.

"Oh and you've finished college now?" you asked, glancing at the engagement ring on her finger.

She looked at it and then back at you "Oh no. I still have three years left but an engagement wouldn't hurt. The wedding though is going to be done once I have finished school." she said and you caught yourself frowning.

"Sorry if I am being indiscreet but... how did you meat him?" you asked, remembering Sam clearly tell you that his brother, Dean, was four years older than him. That made him 33 now but this girl was... still in college. So that meant that she could be no older than 20?

"Uh well-" she started and you took a sip of your coffee as you waited for her to answer "In high school. He was my teacher." she said with a small smile and you chocked on your coffee, your eyes wide.

She patted your back softly as you tried to regain your breath "He- was your teacher?" you breathed out.

"Yeah. And my mate as I later found out" she said with a small chuckle.

"But- but how- how did you-" you couldn't form a complete sentence.

"How did I find out that he was my Alpha? Well, that's a pretty long story I have to say" she let out a chuckle that faded away once she saw the hopeful look in your eyes.

"I fell in love with him even before I knew anything" Angel started saying, a fond smile on her face "I think every girl in the school thought of him in that way, if you know what I mean. He was handsome. The most handsome teacher in the school. And he still is. But I wasn't going to say or do anything, anyway. He- he was engaged. To a Beta. She was not his mate, obviously, but still- he was with her. And I- I felt guilty, you know? I felt guilty because I caught myself not only thinking about him but also seeing him all the more often. We- we had managed to become friends pretty soon and although I felt guilty, sometimes I still do, I was relieved and... happy when I found out that he and his fiance, Lisa was her name, broke up. At the back of my mind there was this thought that... there was a chance for me, you know?" she said with a half smile, looking at you.

"But- But he was your teacher. Right?" you asked with a frown, holding your mug tightly in your hands. She merely nodded.

"Yeah. And that's why I tried to distance myself from him. To push him away, you know. It was for his own good anyway. I cared about him. I- I loved him and I would never want him to lose his job. He loved being a teacher. He still does." she let out a soft laugh "He's still my teacher in college and every time I have a lesson with him it is impossible for me to concentrate. Watching him just talk with such passion about things he likes is enough for me" she said with a fond smile, looking down at her hands.

You felt the corners of your mouth lift at the thought of Sam and how passionate he was about teaching. You could just as well watch him for hours teach and you would never be bored.

"But-" Angel spoke up letting out a sigh "-Things don't always come the way you want them to." she shook her head slightly.

"What do you mean?" you asked with a small frown.

"I knew he fought hard to become a teacher, defied his father to do what he wanted to but I knew that if I let something happen between him and me then- then he would lose everything. I wanted him. I wanted him more than anything else and I knew that he felt the same way. But- I was very aware of the fact that if somebody found out about him and me then he would never be able to teach ever again. And I didn't want that for him. I knew I couldn't take it away from him. So I ignored him. I decided to pay no attention to him anymore. But-" she spoke but you cut her off.

"It hurt" you mumbled looking down at your hands.

"Yeah" she said with a bitter smile "It hurt like hell but I knew that as long as I was protecting him... I was doing the right thing." she let out a sigh "Or so I thought" she added and you looked at her with a deep frown.

"I thought I was doing the right thing but didn't know that... he was hurting. He was hurting more than I thought he ever would." she added.

"And- and what did you do?" you asked, taking a sip of your coffee.

"Well, I had decided that I was going to stay away from him but then all it took was my best friend's advice and just like that my life changed. Radically." she let out a soft chuckle "She convinced me that being with him and risking everything was more preferable than being away from him and hurting. I agreed but well- before I had the chance to tell him anything I found myself fighting for my life. I was in a car accident, I was in a coma for a while even, and almost lost my life but I guess... it was worth it" she smiled and you frowned.

"Maybe it took me to cry my eyes out, to 'rip' my heart out to protect him, to almost-lose my life but at least I got to find out that he was my mate. He said he just didn't want to tell me before he made sure I was actually in love with him and maybe- if I had decided to take that decision earlier, to talk to him I mean, then I would have avoided all of that. But what can you do" she shrugged slightly "At least I am with him now and don't have a problem with school because he is my mate"

"But-" you spoke up, biting your lip "-How were you sure that he was your mate?

"I wasn't" she simply said "I just took the risk and it was worth it."

"Just like that?" you breathed out and she nodded with a smile.

"Just like that" she said before the door opened and Sam walked in "Besides, it's in those Winchesters to put others before themselves... Most especially their mates" she said in a low voice, giving you a wink and getting up from the couch to help Sam with the bags.

"What are you two talking about?" Sam asked her, glancing at you and your stunned expression.

"Oh nothing" she shrugged "Just how much of idiots you Winchesters are and won't say what's needed first" she said supposedly playfully but actually slightly glared at Sam who immediately understood what she meant and avoided her eyes. Which of course was telling you that he was your mate.

"You forgot the pie Sam" she said with a roll of her eyes "I'm gonna go take some ok? Don't start eating without me" she said with a smile and quickly made her way out of the door.

"So..." Sam said nervously, hand in pockets "Were you really talking about that?" he asked you.

"Sort of" you mumbled, setting your mug on the table.

"She- she was just telling me about her and Dean. And... how they got together." you said and looked up at him "He was her teacher in high school" you added and he avoided your eyes as he came to sit next to you on the couch.

"Yeah" he mumbled.

"And her mate" you pointed out again and he nodded.

"But didn't tell her." you got only a nod as response again.

"And so she tried to distance herself from him because she didn't want him to lose his job" you said again, expecting some sort of reaction from him. You didn't get any.

"She almost lost her life" again just a nod.

"They could have avoided all the pain and drama if he had spoken though. Why didn't he Sam? Why? They would have been together from the beginning and everything would have been ok. She wouldn't have to suffer. He wouldn't have to suffer either. Why didn't he speak up Sam? Why didn't he-" you started rambling only to be cut off by Sam.

"Oh (Y/n) I'm sorry!" he mumbled burying his face in his hands "I'm so so sorry" he mumbled again.

"I- I wanted to tell you something- I want to tell you something but I just- I don't know how and- ugh" he let out a frustrated groan, getting up from the couch. He ran a hand through his hair and took in deep breaths.

He took in a deep breath and turned to look at you that had gotten up from the couch to face him "I- (Y/n) there is something that I believe you should know. I know that you probably hate me right now- That you probably don't want to see me. Especially after what I told you last night. And I know that it will probably be disappointing for you. I messed up. Bad. But I- I'm in love with you, (Y/n). And I just- I have to let you know even if you don't want to-" he started rambling things that really made no sense. You rolled your eyes when he did not get to the point so you decided to take matter into your own hands.

You took two long strides and grabbed him by the hem of his jacket. You brought his face down and crashed your lips to his. He was taken aback for a moment and he was frozen in his place but when he realized what was happening he melted into the kiss and started kissing you back. It did not last long, though, because you had to pull away in need of air.

"She was right. You Winchesters are complete idiots" you said breathlessly.

"What?" he only could breath out.

"I was confused as to why you made me feel this way. I thought it was because I was in love with you but then I realized that- that's how I felt ever since the first day I met you. And- it wasn't only love." you said and rested your forehead against his "Why the hell didn't you tell me that you were my Alpha, Sam?" you breathed out.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled, looking down sheepishly.

"You're so dumb" you said with a laugh. you cupped his face and made him look up at you.

"Sam I loved you from the first moment, why would you ever think that I would be disappointed to find out that you are my mate? If anything, I am the most happy Omega in the world right now" you said with a chuckle and he smiled softly.

"Really?" he asked and you nodded.

"Yeah and- even if you weren't I would be willing to do this" you said and locked fingers with his "I want to be with you Sam. What I feel for you- it's impossible to describe. But I love it anyway. I love you Sam Winchester and no matter what, mates or not, I'm going to take the risk and fight for us"

His smile only got bigger "I love you too, (Y/n). And I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything from the beginning" he said sheepishly.

You giggled and spoke "You're lucky I adore you so much or else I would certainly torture you some more"

He chuckled as well and leaned in to close the distance between you, pressing his lips to yours in a soft loving and adoring kiss.

~~~

"Mission accomplished" Angel smiled to herself as she walked away from the door ready to go get some pie and call Dean to tell him that her plan had worked out.