#7 AI: 'Smile'

'Come on Ashton, we have to go!' Luke yelled from downstairs and I sighed once more standing in front of the mirror. 'Ash, now!' He yelled once again and I took one last look at myself in the mirror, a deep breath and walked downstairs. 'Finally!' Luke exclaimed, 'We're late man, what took you so long?!' And I just shrugged. 'I don't feel to good..' I told them and Calum looked at me raising one of his eyebrows. 'Come on, Michael has been sick all week and even he is going and performing. You're just afraid of running into Y/N.' he stated, the other boys nodding in agreement. 'Whatever' I said walking towards the door to get in our van and to the awardshow, 'Lets just go before we're even more late.' and they followed me. The entire ride towards the show they were chatting excitedly about everyone we'd see but all I could think about was Y/N. She was going to be there, with her cast mates and I hadn't spoken to her or seen her since we'd broken up about a month ago. We both had been too busy to make time for each other so we mutually decided to end it before either of us would get hurt but to be honest I already was. She had been hanging out a lot with the cast of the show she was on and I could see she was getting close to one of them in particular and I felt like I was keeping her from making a move on him or him on her, so that for me was also a reason to end things but she doesn't know, I never told her and I think it is for the best. We arrived at the awardshow and as we got out we inmediately had a ton of cameras in our faces and Luke motioned to me to smile, which I hadn't done a lot lately. 'Wouldn't hurt to smile just for a bit Ash' he whispered to me sternly and I nodded and gave it my best attempt. As we were being interviewed I heard a lot of screams and names of the cast of Y/N's show and as I looked to my left I saw her, as radiant as ever, smiling widely, waving but in the mean time being slightly shy because of all the attention she was getting. My face dropped as I saw one of her cast mates grabbing her hand and whispering something in her ear and she looked in my direction, her smile fading just as mine did. She looked down and then quickly turned around and put on her smile again while her cast mate kept close to her, squeezing her hand from time to time, I couldn't focus on anything but that anymore as we headed inside and straight backstage to change into our performing outfits as we were opening the show. Throughout the change the guys didn't say much nor did they ask me anything and I wouldn't have answerred anyways, my mind was somewhere else. Was I right? Was she really getting to close to her castmate? Did he or she finally make a move after we broke up? I wanted to get answers but didn't know how, I didn't exactly want to walk up to her and ask her and start any drama, I needed to stay away from her, that was best, at least for me. We performed, presented an award afterwards and the guys kept on looking out for me, motioning for me to smile any chance they had and I was done with it. As we got of stage Calum walked up to me and wanted to say something but I just shook my head and walked out, I didn't care that I might be rude, I needed to clear my head. As I walked outside and around the corner to find a place to sit down out of the press' sight I saw Y/N, sitting against the wall all alone, head in her hands and as soon as she heard me she looked up and I stopped dead in my tracks. 'I'll uuh.. Yeah, I'll go.' I stuttered and turned around as I heard her say my name. 'Ash.' And I turned back around facing her. 'Yeah?' I asked her slightly annoyed and she gave a weak smile. 'It wouldn't kill anyone if you'd put on a smile you know..' 'I got no reason to smile.' I bluntly said and she looked down, obviously hurt by my words. 'You have plenty of reasons Ash.' she muttered and I snorted. Who was she saying these things to me? She has obviously moved on, never really contacting me eventhough we said we'd stay in touch. 'No I don't really, but obviously you have and are fine.' And she flinched at my words. 'He is gay Ashton.' she said looking me straight in the eyes. 'I saw you looking at us holding hands earlier. He is gay Ash, he's my gay best friend and has helped me get used to the new attention with being on that show and..' 'Y/N, you are on in 5.' a stageguy said from behind us and she nodded, sighed and got up walking after him but not before stopping right next to me, putting her hand on my arm, 'Smile Ash, I hate seeing you like this and uuuh..' she swallowed and looked to the side, 'I miss you too.' and with that she walked back inside, leaving me with a small smile as I walked back inside too, taking my seat next to the guys in the crowd. As Y/N was on the stage I noticed her glancing over to me every once in a while and I smiled. As soon as she left the stage I got a text from her. 'Good to see you smile again, I like it.' and I quickly texted her back. 'It feels good too! Can we maybe meet up for some coffee and catch up soon?' 'I'd like that.' was her response and I couldn't stop smiling the entire night.