A Revealed Wish

Minato stayed silent as he watched his son get up off he floor.

Naruto sniffled and stood up, looking around as his tears slowly faded.

"Well no use in crying now, I have an apartment to turn into a home! Believe it!" With that he went over to the box that had been laid just inside the door and took out a large blanket. Spreading it out across the floor he carefully moved all of the precious things he had collected to different parts of the small room. The picture of the Third Hokage holding a small bundle went on the nightstand next to the bed, the frog purse that he had had for as long as he could remember went under his pillow, and the many different ninja weapons he had picked up from random places went inside his nightstand drawer.

"That takes care of that stuff." Naruto headed back towards the box and began to pull out book after book.

"The old man said I had to study hard if I wanted to be Hokage."

Minato froze when he heard that sentence escape from his sons lips. Did his son, his child, really want to follow in his fathers footsteps? Once more tears began to gather in his eyes as he watched his son sit down and begin to read a book. These tears were not sad as all the rest of his tears had been in the last couple years, no, these were tears of joy.