Chapter 5

"How long till 'da divorce is final?" Louis asked Harry who was tying his cleats. "Three months. Why?" Louis shrugged kicking his feet restlessly, only in his mind did he say: Three months to get Papa and Daddy back together. "Daddy coming to my game today?" "Yes baby. Daddy is coming today. Hopefully." Harry mumbled the last part, last game Zayn was a no show causing Louis to sob until a sleep was forced upon the hybrid. Niall jogged onto the field giving Kyle a kiss before sending him on his way, Harry sent a warm smile, "Hey mate. Alright Louis, I'll be in my usual spot okay? Good luck." Harry remarked pecking Louis' forehead as the latter adjusted his beanie, kissed Harry's cheek and waved at Niall running onto the field.
Harry sighed watching Louis run as he climbed to the bleachers sitting on the first row, right in the middle. Niall slammed beside him, "How've you been?" Harry sucked in a breath, "Can't complain. You?" Niall stifled a chuckle, "About the same. Seeing anyone?" Harry sent him a look, "You know I'm not. Louis has kept me plenty of company." Niall nodded as a silence fell over the two. "Hello everyone! I would like to thank you all for coming. The Wildcats have promised a victory today, lets see if they fulfill it." The announcer said over the intercoms. Harry and Niall shared a smile as Liam joined them in the bleachers, "Sorry I'm late." He mumbled, Harry kept his stare on the field as they players ran onto it. Louis caught Harry's stare grinning when he saw that Zayn wasn't beside Harry. "Is Zayn coming?" Niall asked, "Should be." Harry muttered, Harry saw Louis' grin fade, Harry mouthed a sorry feeling guilt pile on top of him. Was it his fault Zayn was all of a sudden being a bad parent?
The game seemed to fly by, Louis scoring two goals making sure to flash a infamous but adorable smile to Harry every time he scored. When the game ended, six to two, wildcats winning; Louis jumped into Harry's arm being carried off field. "Was I good Papa?" Louis asked kicking his feet happily, "Oh my gosh you were the best!" Harry exclaimed kissing Louis' cheek, "We get ice cream 'den!" Louis declared, Harry chuckled, "Alright baby. Why don't you go ask uncle Ni and Li if they want to join us?" Harry suggested setting Louis down. Louis nodded happily dashing to his uncle Liam's arms "You come get ice cweam wif Papa and Wouis." Louis invited, Liam glanced at Niall, "Well with an invitation as cute as that I don't think we can say no. What about you babe?" Niall chuckled, "I guess we'll see you at Dairy Queen okay bud?" Louis nodded returning to Harry's car, "Papa 'dey said y-" Louis started when he heard Harry crying.
"He needed you there today....I know things have changed.....God Damn it Zayn he's still your son!" Harry shouted, Louis felt tears prick his bright blue eyes, that didn't sound happy. There was a sad sigh before Harry mumbled a "bye". Louis chewed his bottom lip going over to Harry wrapping his arms around him, burying his head in Harry's chest, "No tears Papa. Wouis no wike tears." Harry sniffled, "Okay baby boy, no tears." Louis sent a tiny, reassuring, grin to Harry, " 'dey said yes papa." Louis informed, Harry nodded, "Alright then. Get in baby." Buckling Louis in Harry tickled Louis' stomach getting a real grin to appear on the boys face. "s-stop!" Louis squealed giggling. Driving to dairy queen Harry got Louis out hoping the latter had forgotten the last ten minutes. He hated crying in front of Louis.
Getting him out they got a table waiting for Liam, Niall, and Kyle to arrive. "Papa?"
"Louis?"
"W-where daddy?" Louis innocently asked, "I don't know babe. Do you want to call him?" Harry offered, Louis sadly nodded feeling tears prick his own eyes. Harry dialed Zayn's number handing the phone to Louis,
"Hello?"
"Hey daddy." Louis gushed grinning, "Hey bubba. Sorry I wasn't at the game today." Zayn apologized, "It otay." Louis mumbled though to him it truly wasn't. "What are you doing?"
"At da-" Louis was about to tell their location when Harry stopped him, "Uncle Niall's here babe, tell daddy bye." Louis sighed as did Zayn, "Alright baby boy. I love you."
"Love you too daddy. Miss you."
"Miss you too." Zayn said before Louis handed Harry his phone back as he hung up, Louis kept his eyes on the floor, "That's not a happy boy." Harry pointed out brushing the boys cheek with his thumb, "I's otay." Louis mumbled, "come here baby." Harry cooed opening his arms, Louis crawled into his lap laying on his chest, "I-I mi-miss him." He sniffled, "I do too." Harry thought stroking Louis' hair. Liam strolled in, "Where did my happy nephew go? Uncle Niall's ordering ice cream, better go before he orders the whole store!" Liam rushed, Louis giggled jogging to Niall who helped him order as Liam sat with Harry. "He just talked to Zayn. Nothing much." Harry announced, "Oh. You talk to him?"
"No."
"Me either." Liam sadly added. Harry arched an eyebrow, "Why?" Liam and Zayn were best friends, "He's shut everyone out." Liam remarked, he hated seeing Zayn like that. "Well I'll see him this Friday." Harry sighed not looking forward. Niall came back with Louis holding a cup of ice cream, "What did uncle Niall get you?" Harry gasped, Louis crawled back into his lap grinning with his treat, "Papa want a bite?" Louis asked, Harry opened his mouth as Louis pretended the spoon was a plane flying into Harry's mouth. "Oh thank you baby. It was delicious." Louis giggled resuming to eat. "Does he go this Friday?" Niall asked, "Yep." Harry exhaled softly rubbing Louis' thigh. Louis glanced at him grinning, puckering his lips, Harry leaned forward allowing Louis to kiss his cheek, "Love you baby."
"Love you too Papa."