The Beginning

I'm not quite sure where to begin telling you my story. I suppose it all unfolds in high school. So we'll start there...

It was my freshman year of high school and I was 14 years old. I had come from a small school that I'd attended since the first grade and graduated middle school in a class of 30. My freshman year of high school had a class of 400. Yeah, big changes. The school had about 1500 students total and I remember just being happy to even be there. Yep, happy... To be in school. No, I wasn't a nerd or anything, high school was just everything I had been waiting for. New school, new teachers, new classes, new friends, and more freedom. The summer before I started high school my mother, my sister, and I moved from a two family house in Westchester to a three bedroom one bathroom apartment in the Bronx ((yes, ONE bathroom for THREE females who all take forever to get ready 😩 lol)) It was my first time walking to school, I had the freedom to take the train or the bus, I finally had my own house keys, and I finally had a curfew that let me stay out past dusk. I made friends easily, got on the cheerleading team, and maintained my 95 average. Everything was new and exciting! And then there was someone new and exciting put in my life. Marcus Jones was... Well I won't beat around the bush he was HOT! Brown skin, full lips, Caesar hair cut, and stood at six feet three inches tall. And not to mention he was an athlete; track, basketball, and football, all varsity. So what could be wrong you ask? Well he was three years older than me and had moved to Texas a year before I started high school. We met through Facebook, he added me as a friend around the end of the school year and we began messaging each other everyday, we clicked. (( I'm being punny ha!)) Most of his friends from back in New York went to my school and when he came up to visit during summer break we all hung out, the vibes were good, we all just chilled, watched movies, ate food. On my birthday that summer, July 28, Marcus asked me to be his girlfriend and after considering that a long distance relationship wouldn't bother me, I said yes. Here's where I started to make mistakes.