Chapter 1

*Present time*
I felt alone. Terrified. Tired. Lost. Everything. I wanted to get out of that house. I just had to. Being here just brings back so many memories.

It's been 6 months since I lost him.

It's been about 2 monts since I found out my aunt took custody of me and I have to move in with her.

I can't wait to leave and start over.

The memories form this house hurts to much.

From my parents, to my brother.

I sit on my bed, looking at old pictures.

He was happy. I was happy.

A tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and put in a box titles "memories".

I had continue packing. Aunt Lacy will be here any minute. I can't look back at those things.
Not yet.

Everything in my room was packed, but there was a few more things I had to pack.

They were in Ethan's room. I haven't been in there since the funeral.

I also haven't really been cleaning it out either, but today I have to go in there.

I have to get everything that I need out of there.

Come on Amari, you can do it.

As my hand touched the door knob, it started to shake.

I turned the knob.

Breath.

I walk in his room. It's just how he left it. Everything. The same.

All of his posters of his favorite movies were still hanging on this wall. Pictures of us still on his desk. His bed neatly made. Clothes still hung on the hangers in the closet.

I inhale a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat. I carried the empty box over to his dresser and closet.

I sit it down and start to take out his shirts, sweaters, hoodies, jackets, flannels, jeans, joggers, sweat pants, short, suits and his uniforms. I put everything in separate piles. Take with you, donation, and throw away. I put most of his sweaters, jackets, hoodies and some of his shirts in the empty box. I put his jeans and shorts and some of his sweat pants and joggers in the donation pile, and the rest in the box. I hesitated as I hovered his uniforms over the throw away pile.

What the hell am I doing. I can't throw these away.

I take off all of the things that were sewed on and left the shirt blank and put it in the donation pile.

I look at the the things I took off.  I dropped them in the box.

I take down his posters, rolled them up, and put them in the box also.

I walk over to his desk and sit in the chair.

I run my hand over the messy, yet neat, smooth surface. I pick up all of the things on his desk. Pictures, watches, pens, books, cologne, and everything else. I put all of the pictures, watches and cologne in the box. I pick up his lucky/favorite pen.

God how he loved this pen. He wouldn't use any other pen unless he absolutely had to. I put that in the box.

As I look around the room. Surrounding my self in my thoughts I hear the door bell ring.

That must be Aunt Lacy. I picked up the box and walked to the door. Before I close the door I take one last look at it. Taking a mental snapshot. I'll have the movers take everything else out.

I set the box at the top of the stairs and go to the door.

It was in fact Aunt Lacy and the movers.

As I let them in she hugged me.

"The boxes and everything is in my room. It's the second door on the right." I told the movers and they nodded.

"How have you been, hun?" I heard Aunt Lacy say.

"Could be better."

"I understand. Do you need help with anything?"

Now that I think about it. I never took down the curtains and the sheets off of Ethan's bed.

"Yeah, actually I do. Let me get a box."

As I got one she made her way upstairs.

I meet her at my room door.

"Amari, sweetie, there's not really anything in here. What did you need help with."

"Not in there, Aunt Lacy. In here." I say as I open Ethan's door.

"Oh, okay."

"Can you take off the bed sheets, fold them and put it in this box while I take down the curtains?"

"Sure. Are you taking these with you?"

"Yeah."

"What about those?" She ask pointing to the clothes on the floor.

"Oh, no. Those are for donation."

"Oh, did you already pack some?"

"Yeah, I already did."

"Oh, okay."

We put everything in the box.

I started putting the clothes in a separate box.

"Do you.. uhh.. mind if I go through the box and pick out things I might want to keep?"

"No, not at all. Go ahead."

~~~~~~~

We got into the car.

"You ready?"  Aunt Lacy asks me as I gaze back at the house that I grew up in.

I take a deep breath.

"Yeah."

Time to start over.

Time to get away from this.

Good bye, Arizona.

Hello, North Carolina.