Our Oath (Coming This Summer!)

Hey guys i was thinking, why not go ahead and post the previews for some books i am going to do over the summer!(: This is the only one that really popped up into my head at the moment haha! This is called Our Oath, its a romantic teen fiction story about a young couple who just graduated and are ready to spend the rest of their lives together, but only one thing could cause that dream to come tumbling down... 

Here is the preview!(: Hope you like it!

Cover was made by BlueElmo! this is like the best cover ever made thank you!(:

“Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2013!” Principle Lamarck shouted through the speaker. “I know you all have been waiting so go ahead throw your caps!” 

She didn’t have to tell me twice, looking over at Lucas I gave him a huge smile before grabbing my cap and tossing it into the air. ‘Finally the year is over and I can spend the summer with Lucas before we head off  to college,” I thought, never taking my eyes off of Lucas.

Running over to him he swung me around in his arms before sitting me back down on the ground. “We finally did it Lillypad!” He screamed over the roaring graduates hugging and congratulation others. Placing  his in the crook of my neck his picked me up again spinning me around in circles.

“I know, now we get to spend the whole summer doing whatever we want!”

His body stiffened, making it known that something had just popped up into his head. “Lillypad, there is something I have to tell you…” he whispered, sitting me down on the ground.

I looked up into his eyes and saw the sorrow and guilt laying in them. Placing a hand on his cheek I made him keep eye contact. “Lucas what do you have to tell me?”

“I am being sent over seas next month…”

That was all it took for my world to come crashing down. It was all it took for the best summer ever to come to a halt, sending terror washing into the pit of my stomach. What really bothered me was why he didn’t tell me sooner. “W-why didn’t you tell me?” I stuttered, taking a step back from him. 

“Lilly I didn’t know how to tell you!” he said quickly, grabbing my hands. Pulling me back towards him, he held my hands close to his chest. “I wanted to tell you so much sooner but you always talked about how this was the best year ever… I didn’t want to ruin that.”

I looked down at the ground to my right. “Well I guess we will have to do as much as we can b-before you leave,” I croaked, trying to give him an encouraging smile. I was failing miserably because of the pain that flashed into his eyes. I just wish he didn’t have to leave me…

He let go of one of my hands and tilted my chin back. “Let’s make a oath…”

“A oath?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, a oath,” he repeated. “You must promise to be strong for me while I am over there, you must promise me that you will never lose hope in us, and you must promise me that you will believe that every second of the day that I will be thinking about you and know that I am coming home to you when this is all over.” He held so much love in his eyes that I knew I couldn’t say no to this…

“I promise,” I replied. “You must promise me that you will write, and you must promise me that while you are over there, please be careful.”

He chuckled lightly. “I promise.”

I pulled him close to me again, wrapping my arms around his waist while laying my head on his toned chest. ‘This was my oath to you Lucas… I only hope you come home to me.”