Chapter 9: Ms. Nostalgia

Hello, Guys! How are you?

Isn't this a progress I mean I updated a longer chap in a shorter period of time...hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ENJOY!!!

Chapter 9: Ms. Nostalgia:

I turned around disbelief dominating my features as I gazed at... my old best friend Tamara. I couldn't believe my eyes since it's been seven years since the last time I saw her. Back in high school, Diana, Samantha, Tamara and I were inseparable all four years. Despite our occasional fights, we stuck together and supported each other through our rough times. In fact, I remember after the devastating death of Yusuf, my brother, my three best friends were the ones who helped me through it all; the heart wrenching sobs, the silent tears, they even stayed by my side when I started pushing them away giving them the cold shoulder every time they tried to cheer me up. Just relishing those memories bring a painful nostalgia.

However, our friendship, in spite of its strength, didn't last long; as our senior year finished everyone of us chose its path through life; with me and Diana choosing the same university, Samantha couldn't follow us as her parents wanted for her the best education and sent her to a well known college in London, as for Tamara she chose to stay there by her sick mother and decided to rest for a year before applying for a university. So you see our valued relationship got broken easily after leaving high school.

At first, we tried to keep in touch with each other as we called one other constantly and talked through Facebook or even through Skype, but eventually we got carried away with our responsibilities and we started detaching.

Seeing her now, I realized how much I missed our crew. I remember how much we clicked together, despite our differences. Each one has her own original personality but somehow we managed to strengthen our connection instead of bringing us down. Diana used to be the crazy girl who didn't care what others said to her or behind her back. She was so carefree and so spirited that anyone would feel exhausted just being near her. Tamara in the other hand, used to be really quiet and calm, though not shy far from it actually as she would always blurt the truth without beating around the bush, she was curt and concise but a kind hearted friend, let me tell you! Samantha, on the other hand, was the shy girl in our group though the most social one, I know weird but she manages both at the same time which surprised us all, especially me because I always believed that shy girls were reserved but Sam was the exception as she would socialize with almost every one she meets.

The moment our eyes met, I saw Tamara blink in surprise. She didn't change over the seven years not one bit. She was still beautiful with dark brown hair that at the time was past her shoulders but now is half way to her neck, light brown eyes that showed her warmth and her naturally tanned skin.

A minute passed between us, shock keeping our reaction slower than ever. Then we both smiled disbelievingly at each other as we hugged one another so tightly.

"You have no idea how much I missed you, T" I mumbled thanking God for this unexpected coincidence.

"Me too" She chuckled calmly as she unwrapped her arms from around me.

"How have you been? What are you doing here? How come you didn't tell us you came to Brooklyn? And how is your mother?" I fired questions at her not even waiting for her responses.

Again, Tamara simply half smiled, orbs glinting in happiness.

"I'm fine. I'm here working. I didn't tell you because I didn't how to reach you guys and my mother is doing fine, thanks for asking." Tamara fondly replied patiently. She was always the kind of person who took his time speaking. In other words, she always enunciates every syllable, slowly rolling her tongue. So usually her talks were composed, slow and calming in a strange way.