p r o l o g u e

[ l u k e ]

"hey. new kid. wanna come to a party tonight?"

"uh. I have plans tonight..." I say pushing up my glasses.

"oh... special lady! right on!" he says holding his hand up for a high five.

I pathetically high five him back.

yeah if you consider my mom a special lady...

I walked down the halls faster wanting to just go home.

I look behind me and bump into someone.

"ah you dick!" a voice yells.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention! my most sincere apologies." i say feeling a hole in the pit of my stomach. and give her my hand.

a girl with long teal hair looks up at me and takes my hand.

"hey you're fine. sorry I'm just having a. shitty ass day" she replies and I cringe internally at her swearing.

I look her up and down and take in her appearance. denim jacket with pins, white crop top, not very appropriate but it wasn't my place to judge how she presented herself, ripped jeans, and white adidas shoes.

not to objectify her or anything, I mean it in a nice way, but she looked straight out of tumblr.

"hey dude. are you okay?" she asks waving a hand in my face.

"yeah sorry. I really didn't mean to trip you." I apologize profusely.

"hey. hey. I said it's okay. don't worry about it." she says resting a hand on my shoulder causing me to inhale sharply.

"phoenix! are you going to hood's party tonight?" a voice says from behind her.

"one sec." she says and turns back to me, "are you going?"

"me?" I ask

"well I'm sure as hell not talking to the wall." she sasses.

"wasn't planning on it." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"great. neither was . let's change our unmade plans and go together." she smiles.

"you don't even know me..." I sigh.

"so is that a yes?..." she smirks.

"I- um- okay." i say defeated.

"great. I'll pick you up at 7" she smiles with a wave.

"wait! how are you gonna pick me up if you don't know here I live?" I ask

"I put it in the collar of your flannel. text me." she winks.

and she was gone.

phoenix.

this is a book I've wanted to write for a while so yeah ((: