December 24th

Christmas wasn't my favorite holiday. I liked spending time with my family, but that's about it. I got to see my siblings who were spread across the country, Canada too. We had a large family. Three girls, three boys. My parents decided that if they were wealthy, they were going to have as many kids as they wanted.

So our house in West Virginia was full. Not to mention loud. It was exciting though.These were all some of my best friends. Even when we hate each other, but we got out of that phase a while ago. Now all we fight over is food during holidays.

"So, Chelle, do you have a boyfriend?" My oldest brother asked. He was friends with my roommates, so it was more of a rhetorical question than anything else.

"Nope."

"That's a lie." My youngest sibling said.

"It's the truth. I'm not dating anyone. Beau Bennett has a girlfriend and I'm done with him." Well, I might be. Who knows. I might give him another shot.

How would I know that he broke up with his girlfriend? I couldn't. There was no way I could know for sure. I just had to trust him. But he's done nothing to earn my trust.

It's all bullshit. Complete bullshit. Especially the fact that he's trying to text me. I don't want to talk to him until maybe New Year's Eve. I don't have any plans. I'm sure his team is going to have some sort of party that's going to be great with champagne. Then I'd have to go shopping for something to wear.

Okay so maybe I'll wait until after to talk to him. Hopefully he has a road trip or something so I don't have to worry about it.

I was sitting in the library/office/study, reading a book and just trying to get some alone time. IT was easy at my apartment but there's seven other people in the house and no one knocks on bedroom doors.

So my sister, Clare, came in and sat down next to me. Didn't say a word, just curled up in the chair and let me read.

"Trying to get away from the noise?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's just too much."

"Agreed. I'm not a huge fan."

"So what's with you and this hockey player?"

"Met him at a club one night, slept with him regularly and then he decided to tell me he had a girlfriend two weeks later. I told him no more so apparently he's breaking up with his girlfriend over his Christmas break because he wants me."

"So are you going to actually try?"

"Oh Clare, you know ballet comes first. People are saying I've got a shot at principle. Besides, what am I going to do when he decides I'm not enough and he cheats on me?" I shut my book, setting it on the coffee table.

"Are you ever going to have a boyfriend?"

"Maybe Landon will stop sleeping around and I'll date him." Joking, of course.

"Give this kid a shot. Make him win you over. Don't give it up so easy. If he finds sex somewhere else, leave his ass."

"Thanks Clare. I'll remember that." I laughed, heading to take a bath.

Beau finally took the hint of me not texting back, so he called me.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a bath. What are you doing?"

"Getting away from family."

"Same here. Why are you calling me?"

"Because I wanted to talk to you."

"Well, what do you want to talk about?"

"I broke up with her." I didn't know what to say. I really didn't care, but I did.

Ambivalence is a bitch.

"That's nice."

"I'll be back in Pittsburgh in a couple of days."

"No, you get your rebound out of the way then maybe I'll think about it."

I ended the call, tossing my phone on a pile of clothes so that I could sit in the silence for a while. I wasn't going to be excited that she was no longer in his life. I was happy that she could move on, find some other guy that treated her better. Chances are, I'd have to do the same thing within the next year. At least I already saw it coming.