Port Royal

"I still can't believe you wouldn't trust me!" Taylor expressed to his captain, they were currently getting ready to make port at Port Royal as James continued on and on about Isabelle's ultimate destination. To her relief, James was oddly excited about the trek to death. He spoke of new adventures and a life of excitement to which his captain asked if the life of a pirate was beginning to bore him. "James, do shut up, you're beginning to make me wish I'd never washed up on this god forsaken ship" Isabelle muttered. He simply grinned at her but complied as he finished putting his valuables into the chest. Going onto port was the most vulnerable time for a ship, which is why Isabelle has assigned everyone to a duty. Some were guarding the ship from the dock, others on the ship itself. She was not risking anything.

As she made herself presentable to her soon to be crewman she thought about the man she'd shot. She wasn't thinking of him in a romantic way or even a sexual way, rather in a way that gave her an idea.
After she'd dressed in her good trousers and blouse with a corset loosely laced just under her breasts, her most decorative sword in its scabbard and her shiniest gems around her neck and on her fingers she headed below deck to speak with the man, who'd yet to tell his new Captain his name. He was sprawled out I'm the corner of the quarters, obviously he'd been forced there by the crew, pirates aren't known for their courtesy. She nudged him roughly with her newly shined boots causing him to groan and sit up to glare at the Captain. "Come with me" she ordered and began to walk topside.

As the sun invaded the man's sleep ridden eyes he squinted and looked to the floor. "Taylor!" She yelled up to the man who'd been yelling at a crewman for loose knots. "Aye, Cap'n!" He replied and began his way towards her, when he'd gotten in front of her, she spoke. "Find this man some proper clothing, we're taking him with us" James' eyes swam with confusion but he complied and ushered the man to follow him.
As they did that, Captain Briggs walked up to the helm, and eyed the docks, she knew exactly the right place to find a crew and she was going to head straight to it, after turning the wheel a few times to the right and watched the land grow closer and closer she told the quartermaster to take over and explained to him it would be his head if he messed the orders up.

"Captain Briggs, I did my best ta make 'em presentable, but my trousers be a bit too large on him so I borrowed one o' the crewman's." James' voice spoke, bringing Isabelle to turn and take in the man's appearance in. He wore trousers that were tucked neatly into his shined boots and a new clean white shirt that rose and fell with the wind. Isabelle took a simple gold chain from around her neck, leaving her with a black ribbon choker with a ruby in the center and a gold coin on another gold chain, she took a silver ring from her thumb and another from her index finger on the opposite hand. "Put these on" She handed them to the un-named man. He complied. She nodded in approval "Taylor, tell the quartermaster to keep everything in order" Taylor nodded and ran off as his captain and who he liked to call No-Name began to watch the quartermaster dock the Iron Maiden. Luckily he did it just as his captain ordered.

*~~~~~~♤~~~~~~*

Isabelle and Taylor watched the man as he looked around in curiosity and amazment, he'd obviously never been to a pirate port before and every move anyone made cause him to jump in fear. His shoulder had been stiched and bandaged as well as possible with the lack of supplies but it seemed to be healing none-the-less. "Look at him, he's like a child in a candy shoppe!" Taylor exclaimed with a hearty laugh as he watched the man staring wide eyed at jewels set out on a table, just as he was going to reach for one, the old woman who was running the small set-up smacked his hand. Yanking his hand back in surprise he looked back at his Captain and First Mate. "You'd be best at our side, sailor" Isabelle spoke calmly almost bored, he nodded dumb and complied.

When they reached the place they'd been searching for they stode in and sat at a rectangular table and waited. After a while the Navy Sailor began to grow restless "Why are we just sitting here?" His captain didn't speak. Taylor realized this and answered the man "Everyone knows if someone's sat at a table like this, their lookin' fer a crew" the man nodded in understanding. A few moments later two men, covered in soot and grime walked up to them "I'm Geoffrey and this is Henry" Taylor nodded. "Are you willing to sail under Captain Briggs?" The men nodded, Taylor held out his hand "Welcome aboard the Iron Maiden, mates" The Navy man looked at Taylor confused "That's it? That's all that's needed?" Taylor nodded, "It ain't like pirates are a picky bunch o' folk"
"That seems unfair, my hand was forced into piracy!" Captain Briggs looked over at him "Then by all means, leave, one less mouth to feed in the long run, sailor"
"I will leave!" The Captain nodded and watched as the navy man stood from his chair and walked out of the bar. "Cap'n, I ain't meanin' ta question your actions, but do ya think that's the best idea?" Captain Briggs looked at her first mate for a few moments before speaking "He's got no where to go, he'll be back"

*~~~~~~♤~~~~~~*

Twenty-two new crew mates later the Navy Sailor found himself in the alley way behind the bar. He'd wanted to run off, to jump on a ship and go back to the Navy, but he knew in a place like this, that would be near impossible. He knew this would be dangerous and it was not the right thing to do, yet he also knew he found himself intellectually attracted to the seemingly emotionless Captain that captured him. He wanted to know exactly why she was the way she was, why she didn't care for human life, or anything, for that matter. He wanted to know so much it was nearly a need.

Sitting on the dirty ground with an aching shoulder and boggled mind he'd made his decision, he made his way back into the bar and walked to the table he knew his Captain and First Mate were sitting, stood tall, and spoke clearly.

"My name is Oliver B. Quinn, and I am willing to serve under Captain Briggs."