Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

"I'm sorry but I have to go see Clayton." I whispered and walked the direction Clayton took off in.

I walked a little ways into the wooded area before I found Clayton standing in the woods next to a huge tree. I walked in front of him. I looked up at him and saw he had tears on his face. I stood there shocked I had never seen Clayton like this he looked so vulnerable. I put my hand up to his face and wiped away the tears on his face softly.

Clayton stared down at me and shook his head "I don't want you to see me like this." He whispered.

"Like what?" I asked quietly.

"I don't want to look weak in front of you." He whispered.

"You don't look weak to me."

"It's just my real mom I um lost her-"

"Shhhhh you don't need to tell me. I already know."

Clayton shook his head "It's just I loved her so much you know. I can still remember her hardly at all anymore but I still have memories of her. And I let her down. I let her die."

"No Clayton it wasn't your fault. You were only four there was nothing you could've done to help her."

Clayton looked down at me and said "You know even though I was only four when it happened I can't still picture the whole thing perfectly. I can still see them ripping her body apart, I can still hear her crying and screaming and begging them not to touch me, and I can still smell all of the blood. Ams every night when I go to sleep I still dream about it and I see it all happen again."

I felt tears coming out of my eyes as I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a tight hug. Making him cry harder her lowered his head into my shoulder I brought my hands to his back and rubbed circles into it.

"I'm so sorry Clayton. You should've told me earlier, I wouldn't have been so mean to you if you had told me." I whispered.

Then Clayton pushed me away and said "I don't need or want any of your fucking pity so just leave me alone."

"Clayton I don't pity you it's just I love you and I don't-"

"You don't love me Evelyn you don't have to lie to me to make me feel better!" He yelled.

"Clayton I told you I loved you before this happened!" I yelled back.

"You only think you love me because of the mating pull it's not real. But you truly love fucking Luke you love him and not because of a fucking mating pull."

"That's not why I love you!"

"Yes it is! If there was no mating pull you wouldn't give a damn about me just like everybody else! Admit it before you knew me you hated me! You wished I would be killed just like everybody else in the fucking world!" He yelled.

"That's because I didn't know you! And I didn't know that you were a such an amazing man!"

"You're so stupid and naive! I knew that it was bad to have a mate that was so much younger than I an! I mean hell you're four years younger than me!"

I shook my head "Well if you feel that way maybe we should just not be together at all."

Clayton glared at me and started laughing "You should really know me better by now. You should know that I will never let you not be with me! You should know that you will never ever leave me!"

I stared at him and said "Yeah maybe you were right maybe I just thought I loved you because of the mating pull."

Clayton stared at me and said "I knew it! I knew you were lying to me! I knew you didn't love me!"

"I forgot just how fucked up you really are."

Clayton laughed "And I forgot how much you think you're better than everybody else!"

"I don't think I'm better than everybody else! But I know for a fact that I'm better than a sick mother fucker like you!" I took a step closer to him.

Clayton scoffed "Face it babe, you and I we're the same." He took a step closer to me.

"We're not the same at all." I responded taking one more step towards him.

Instead of responding Clayton grabbed my face roughly and smashed his lips to mine. His lips moved against mine with force and passion.

After a second I kissed him back just as hard shoving my tongue into his mouth. Clayton picked me up by my thighs and me up against a tree and removed his lips from mine and whispered "See what I mean we're the same."

I stared at him silently and pushed him away from me and jumped off of him "Clayton you're really a piece of work."

Clayton rolled his eyes "So I've been told."

I ignored him and walked right passed him and walked back to the camp grounds.

"Where you going babe?" Clayton asked me and began walking with me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I looked over at him "I must be fucking sick just like you." I muttered.

"Why's that?" He chuckled.

"Because even though you're as messed up as you are I'm still in love with you."

Clayton laughed "Do tell me my dearest Evelyn when was it that you realized you loved me."

I rolled my eyes "Stop acting like a dick."

"No I'm serious I want to know." He spoke no longer laughing.

"We were laying in bed one night and we were watching some stupid tv show you put on it wasn't funny at all but you found it hilarious and I was watching there hating every minute of it but I looked over at you and you couldn't stop laughing and I don't know why but at that moment I realized that I loved you. What about you? When did you realize you loved me."

Clayton looked at me and said "I knew I loved you the very first time I kissed you."

I nodded my head and whiskered "I'm sorry for what I said."

Clayton nodded and whispered "Me too."

Then I stopped walking. Clayton stopped a few seconds after me he turned back and said "Why'd you stop?"

"I want you to mark me." I mumbled.