Part 1

Sasuke had always wondered what it'd be like when he saw Naruto again. He suspected the blond would try to convince him to come back again, but go back to Konoha with a great injury. Maybe give him that 'you're my friend and I want you save you' crap. He was tired of hearing it; it was always the same thing, over and over again. Of course, if he had known what was about to happen, he would have rushed to Naruto's side to aide him. As it was, he had no idea of the fight taking place and the death of his dearest blond.

Sasuke shrugged when he heard from Karin there was a fight taking place not far away. He didn't and wouldn't care who it was if the girl told him, so he just ignored her talk. Or, at least he did until he heard the names spoken.

"It's Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi and Itachi!" Those words shoved themselves into the ravens head, and the icy dread he felt made his breathing come to a stop. It was his old team. And Itachi, the man he hated most. Itachi. Naruto. Fighting. Kakashi. Sakura. Sasuke wasn't an idiot; he knew just how strong Itachi was, and also knew that he could cause the three serious harm all by himself. It certainly didn't help matters when Sasuke learned from Karin that Itachi had purposely separated Naruto from the other two, and that the blond and Itachi were now fighting alone.

Sasuke tried convincing himself that he didn't care. He knew Naruto was strong, and that since they'd met, he'd probably gotten stronger, especially after training with that Jiraiya guy for a few years. But Sasuke knew Itachi well. He was no slacker, and would have gotten stronger himself too. In the raven's mind, Naruto had no chance of beating Itachi. And so that icy feeling spread, till it covered his whole body, and Sasuke could no longer move. His blond, his Naruto, who'd only ever cared about getting Sasuke back, was going to die, if he was not dead already. Sasuke could no longer hear Naruto's crappy speech, hear him shout his name, argue with him. No; Naruto was going to die. Not just be gone, away. But dead;forever gone.

"Oh, whatever," Sasuke whispered, and ran off in the direction Karin had said the fighting was. He ignored the fact that Karin had looked happy, had smirked. Maybe they knew how he felt about Naruto, that no matter what he said, he actually thought of the blond. That he'd had nightmares of the blond forgetting about him or not caring anymore. Of his death whenever he heard Naruto had been in a fight of been injured. Waiting for news of Naruto's condition had been awful after his fight with Pain. There had been so many rumors that he was actually dead, but Sasuke had chosen to believe the ones that said he'd been badly injured. Naruto became the hero of Konoha. Sasuke had never been happier to learn something in his life.

Now Sasuke just really didn't care if his team knew how he felt. He just wanted to get to Naruto, make sure he was okay, save him if he could. The thought of Naruto actually being injured by Itachi made Sasuke's blood run cold and he swore to himself, if Itachi seriously hurt his blond, he would pay.

When Sasuke arrived upon the battle scene, he learned that no matter how you want something to go, it doesn't go that way. Because he'd stumbled upon the lifeless body of his blond, cold, lifeless eyes staring up at him. 

So, anyone think I should continue? It was a bit rushed, so I apologize for that, but I hope you enjoyed it some. Please leave comments on if I should continue or not, 'cause right now I'm not too fond of this story-so I may drop it. Idk.