Chapter 5: Key

"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone."

Three weeks since Frankie house invasion and still no word on this Grim Reaper. I sat in the bed for five minutes and just looked at the ceiling. I want a new start for me and my daughter Niya. Her daddy and I been high school sweethearts. The love was real THEN but now tuh HELL NO!! We always fighting and fussing. I don't like it though especially not in front of our daughter. I got out the bed and started breakfast. Twenty minutes later I was done. I cooked blue berry pancakes,eggs,sausage ,toast an bacon. "Niya come eat ,baby." I said.
"Good morning mommy." Niya said rubbing her eyes an holding onto her teddy bear.
"Here you go. Mommy already cut up your pancakes just how you like them. Where's daddy?"
"He gone."
"WHAT?!" I said with bacon in my mouth. " Gone where?"
"I don't know. I looked out my window and saw him leaving with some girl in a black and pink car. It has hello kitty on it mama."
"Okay baby ,finish eating your breakfast."
I can't believe the nerve of this fucking nigga. Getting into cars with bitches in front of OUR house. I wanted to break down and cry so bad but I didn't want Niya to see her mommy cry. I hate when she sees me cry over her daddy. It makes me feel weak. I hear the key in the door and here his ass go. Walking in the kitchen smiling. He tried to kiss Niya on her forehead an she turned her head.
"Don't kiss me. You got cooties from that girl." Niya said.
"What girl? You funny daddy baby." Gary laughed nervously.
"You know the girl in the pink kitty car ,daddy."
I slammed my plate and got up to go back upstairs into my bedroom I share with Gary. I locked the door. He turns the knob.
"Open the door Kiyosha." Gary said.
"NO, fuck you." I said
"Lets talk. I went to get money for us baby."
"Then what the fuck you kissing bitches for. Huh!!" I was tired of his lying ass.
"You gonna believe our two year old daughter. Open the door."
"Nope!!!! Leave me alone Gary."
BANG BANG BANG!! "Open the door."
I didn't say nothing this time. I just listened to him bang at the door for another five or six minutes like a maniac. I start laughing not at him but at how I put up with his shit for the last two years. We been together for six years. It seems like after Niya been born he be careless. I guess he thinks a baby can keep me stuck with his stupid shit. I stop giving him my goods along time ago. I knew Gary was messing around my woman intuition wasn't lying to me. So I went with my heart an not my brain an STOP fucking and sucking the man I once loved. I looked over to our high school picture on the dresser and knock it on the floor. "Oops" I said laughing. I just shook my head an think what the fuck was his ass thinking.

 I just shook my head an think what the fuck was his ass thinking

  I looked at my body in the mirror on my walk in closet. Damn I look good. I'm to busy looking at my smooth caramel skin and I didn't even hear Gary get into the room. Fucking criminal , I thought in my head. I just turned to him an fold my arms and tapped my feet.
"Welllll." I said popping my tongue like I had gum in my mouth.
"Baby, I was out getting money for us." Gary said.
I just shook my head and threw my ring. "Why the fuck you going to propose to me but being an hoe? You know what don't answer that. Get the fuck out."
"Wha....what??"
"I said GET THE FUCK OUT!!!"
"Bitch this my house."
I put my hands up. "Fine I'll leave and Niya coming too."
"NO NO NO ,baby I'm sorry. Stay!" He grabs my hand and tries to sit me down.
"No , I got enough money to get my own shit. Here's your key? Miss hello kitty can move in with you once we leave." I don't know why but I always had an emergency bag for niya and myself like I knew just one day I'll get tired of Gary "street life". I started to put on my shades and huraches on.
"So you going to leave me. I thought you love me."
I turned my nose at him. " You should be the last one saying that."
"I'm not about to chase you,Key."
"Nigga DON'T,chase them hoes."
"You an ungrateful bitch. Dip!!"
"Okay bye." I grabbed my keys ,went to Niya her room and her emergency bags.
"Mommy we leaving daddy." Niya asked.
"Yes ,we finna go have fun."
"Daddy bye."
I turned around. "I'm not changing my mind." Gary grabbed me by my wrist and snatched me out our daughter room.
"Let my mommy GO!!" Niya yelled.
"Go in your room and lock the door baby. Mommy coming."
" Leave my daughter, you can go bitch."
I snickered. "Boy you funny and let my damn wrist go." I walked out the room and this son of a bitch pushed me down the steps. I felt dizzy but I heard Niya so I got up. My daughter ran to me down the stairs. I looked up and saw this evil look in Gary eyes. I grabbed Niya hand and walked out the door with her bags in my other hand.