Chapter 1

I am called Lux and, I'm a soul taker. Yes, I take souls, of those pure evil and of those who causes pain to other human beings. I am human like the rest of you. I used to think to that I am but now, I dont know. I was Abigail, a daughter of an ex-policeman, a big sister to my two little sisters and a normal college student. Those are happy times, all wiped out one brutal night. I came home late and I saw all the lights are out. I went inside and it was quiet and I thought them all asleep. I went straight to the kitchen and took a drink, that's when I saw broken glasses scattered on the floor. The wind enters freely on the open windows. I keep myself calm and went upstairs to my parent's room. I saw my mother there, lying unconscious on the bed. I didn't have to look closer to know that she's dead. The blood on her head says it all. I turn around, grip my wrist to keep from crying and search the house. I went to the next room, my room and saw it in a mess. My things were all over the floor, books, clothes, pillows and broken lampshades, everything. Then I heard a gunshot, I ran out towards the room that says Andrea and Ava on it's door. I open it and there I saw them, Andrea, my fourteen years old sister and Ava, nine years old, our baby. They were both lying on Andrea's bed, both naked and both dead. I saw the burglars, as they both pull up their pants and zip it. I saw as they put the gun on the side of their pants and wear their bags. I saw as they both look and smile at me. I took a step backward and I ran, I hate it but it's the only thing I can do. I ran and, when I reached the stairs, another gunshot was heard and, I fall. I fell, fast on the ground of the living room. My broken body unable to move, looking at my dead father on the couch. I thought, why didn't I saw him before I went upstairs? But then again, it will not change anything. I don't remember if I cried but I know that I screamed until I tire out. When I wake up, everything seems blurry, and it was hot. I saw my father burning and everywhere I look, there's fire. I got up and realized that I was shot at the back of my shoulders. I look about me and saw fire, only fire. Then I saw him, the man in black, walking through the fire not burning. He reached out his hand and led me out. We went at the back of the house and I heard sirens coming, people, neighbors are everywhere but they didn't seem to notice us. 'Who is this strange man saving me from the fire?' I thought to myself as he led me away from the house and when he stopped, I fell on my knees. He looked at me and I looked at him but, there was nothing to see. His face is all black under the hood with his eyes only showing. His eyes were red, bloody red, looking intently at me. I suddenly became frightened of my savior. He is clearly not human, I thought of him as an angel until he spoke to me in his deep voice.
"I am not an angel." he said "And your God did not send me." he continued as if reading my mind. I just looked at him, his faceless figure in all black started to fade in the dark.
After that, I found myself lying in a hospital bed with my wounds already tended. It turns out that I have no othet serious injuries except my gunshot wound and my broken arms when I fell. Even so, the doctors are still wondering how I got out of the burning house on my own. I was going to tell them that I didnt but I remembered the inhumane appearance of my savior. It was not long before policemen came along to interview me. I remember choking on my tears as I tell them everything. The policemen left after I gave them the description of the suspects and promised me to catch them. As my wounds are starting to heal, the advancement of my case is getting slower and slower. Days and weeks have passed but there's no improvement. I started to completely lose my hope in them. If only I have the capabilities, I will hunt them and kill them with my own hands. There's no fair justice in this world especially for people like me who has no money and no family. As days go by, my anger and thirst for revenge grow stronger and that's when he showed up again. It was late at night when I suddenly woke up by an odd presence in the room. It has been two weeks since that horrible incident. I saw a black figure sitting by the window. I recognized his blood eyes as he looked at me. Again, I was frightened. Not because of his appearance but because if what he said before. If he's not an angel then what?
"What do you think?" he asked as he rose from his seat and approached me. My fear turns to wonder when he reached me and saw that he has a face. A human face. A very handsome human face. Everything is perfect except for his eyes. He was towering over me as he gave a devious smile. I thougt of the answer but I couldn't manage to put it into words. "I'm also not that." he continued while I stay silent.
"I guess you're wondering what am I doing here. I just wanted to see how you were doing. You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not the enemy here." he said as he went back to his seat. "I believe the people that who did this are still on the loose."
"Yes." I said with anger. "The police are still looking for them."
"Of course they are." He said in a sarcastic voice. "What do you think those human are doing for the last couple of weeks while the police are looking for them? Maybe they are killing other people right? Doing the same thing to other families?"
"They are not humans but monsters." I exclaimed "They deserve to burn in hell and all of the people like them!"
"Of course they are. And trust me, hell is definitely waiting for them." He said laughing and rose again to reach me. "You can bring them there if you want to." he whispered to me. I felt his cold breath against my skin and I shudder. I saw his eyes gleam in the dark as he pull away from me. "You said you wanted to kill them with your own hands."
I do. I do want to kill them but there's no way that I can.
"Did you pray to your God?" he asked me interrupting my thoughts. I couldn't answer, I couldn't speak not only because his question surprised but also because I thought of the answer. Yes, I did. I always do. I prayed and prayed, all the time I was praying. I prayed when my mother had a miscarriage, I prayed when she became paralyzed, I prayed for my father, that he will not get fired because of his partner's crime and that night, I prayed.
"What's his answer?" he asked again. He read my mind again and this time I'm not surprised anymore. I just looked at him as I thought of the answer.
Nothing. Always nothing!
He lowered himself to face me and now I can see him clearly. I was looking at him and when he spoke again, there is no lips moving, there's only sound.
"That must have been disappointing for a believer like you. You believe into something and it turns out to be nothing." I heard him said in my mind and laughed. His handsome face turns into a frightening one as he whispers to me. " I know what you want and I could give it to you. The capabilities. The question is, do you want it?"
I felt hot as I remember everything, how my family died and how I so badly want to kill those men. " Yes." I answered " I want it! I will kill them, with my bare hands, slowly I will kill them." They don't deserve to live in this world and they don't deserve to have a quick death. I will kill them slowly 'till they beg for mercy. Enough playing nice, it will bring you to nothing. I will have my own revenge.
" Come with me." He said and reached out his hand to me. Without second thought I took his hand and followed him. I was not thinking of anything that time but, only revenge. I knew that i already sold my soul to the devil but I didnt care. We walked all night, without knowing where we're going, and I didn't even get tired even my wound didn't hurt anymore.