Chapter 5

Wendy stood there and thanked them. She was surprised as Kiy came over and hugged her. She patted his head and smiled. "Bye Wendy." He said hugging the girl tighter. "Bye Kiy." She said and got up. "Well, Lucy might send Erza if I don't go back soon." Wendy shuddered at the thought of Erza when she's angry. They heard loud footsteps approaching. "Re-equip!" Wendy's eyes widened. "Already? Well, you should probably run for it. She'll tear you to pieces." She said making the boys all shudder and they ran off. "Erza! Over here!" She shouted wrapping her foot in a long vine. "Wendy! Where were you! You made us worry. Don't ever do that again." She said a dark aura surrounding her. "Erza, I'm sorry I worried you... Again. But anyway, can you help me up?" She asked putting her hand up. Erza nodded and grabbed her hand and hauled her up. "Erza, to make it up to you, I'll get you strawberry cake." Wendy said, and Erza's eyes sparkled. "Really?" She asked excited. "Yes really Erza. We can go to the new bakery in town. I heard they make really good cake." Wendy said winking, and Erza's eyes sparkled even more. "Thank you Wendy!" She exclaimed and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Wow, she was really like a kid when it came to strawberry cake. "Let's go!" She yelled and dragged Wendy along with her making the bluenette giggle.

Wendy stayed true to her word, and if she didn't, she would face Erza's wrath. Erza's eyes sparkled as there was also a strawberry cake milkshake, which Wendy also bought for her. Wendy bought a vanilla cupcake, and a Vanilla Twist milkshake. They were enjoying there evening together, chatting about random things. The bell that signaled that someone was entering sounded through the store. They were finished their deserts, and were talking casually. "Erza!" Somebody called. It turned out to be Jellal Fernandez. Erza was shocked. "Jellal, what is it?" She asked standing. He was panting heavily. "There... was... a... accident." He said between breaths, his eyes full of fear and worry. "An accident? What kind?" She asked walking to the door after she put the money on the table. Wendy did the same and followed. "I don't know. But there is something gravely bizarre. It is a boy that we have never seen before." He said frowning. Erza's eyes widened. "You mean, a..." She couldn't finish when he nodded. "Yeah." He nodded. They had completely forgotten that Wendy was there. She feared the worst possibilities.  Either that Kiy had somehow gotten dragged back here, Romeo... That was the worst possibility. She followed them to the scene. She gasped at what she saw. There was the body of a woman with blue hair and she had an arrow through her containing a message. Tears filled Erza's eyes. "Juvia!" She exclaimed and ran over. Lucy had also arrived, and she fell on her knees. "No..." She muttered tears rolling down her cheeks. She gasped again as she saw Kiy run out of the forest along with Jules. "Mama!" Kiy cried.

He saw Wendy and ran to her and hugged her legs. "Wendy... Please heal her like you healed me... Please." He begged and everyone gasped. "She healed and Elemental? Why would she do that? She's going to do it again?" She heard whispers all around her. She crouched down, her face determined. "I will try Kiy. But there might a chance that I fail." She said, but Kiy didn't care. "Thank you Wendy. Thank you." A flash back of her mother dying came back to her. She wouldn't let that happen to Kiy. She sat on her knees and softly removed the arrow from Juvia. Romeo and Natsu came out of the forest as well, and gasped. Wendy was holding a blood covered arrow, not a single expression on her face, her eyes closed. Natsu and Romeo got the wrong expression. "Why you..." He gritted his teeth about to pounce on Wendy before Lucy stepped in front of him. Romeo stood there shocked. He would never have thought Wendy a killer. "Don't you dare Natsu. She's trying to save her." Lucy scowled at him, and he stepped away from Lucy. Wendy's hands began to glow, and then light outlined her body and she started floating in the air. Lucy's eyes widened. "Wendy! No! I told you never to use that spell!" She shouted, but Wendy kept her eyes closed and concentrated. Juvia's body began to glow as well, and blood came out of Wendy's mouth. Lucy had tears at the corner of her eyes. "No... Wendy..." She muttered trying to stay strong. Romeo gaped at what he was seeing. Where Juvia's wound once was, it slowly disappeared. Wendy had a strained face on, like she was struggling. She was now back on the ground on her knees. A magic circle appeared over Juvia's stomach, where the wound was. Juvia was on the verge of death, but Wendy was slowly reviving her.

Wendy and Juvia's body were elevated once more into the air, high in the air to be exact. They were in the sky, and Romeo could see Wendy mumbling words. A shock wave of green and blue energy emerged around her, and hit Juvia. 'Why is Lucy trying to stop Wendy? Is it a dangerous spell for her?' Romeo thought staring at Wendy. "Lucy, what spell is she performing?" Erza asked Lucy. "It's a spell to revive someone. That's already dead. Wendy knew how it would affect her, but she doesn't care one bit. She's going to extreme lengths to save someone that she hasn't even met. Juvia was already dead." Lucy said tears in her eyes. Erza gasped, and Romeo held one back in.

Wendy was breathing heavily, and to everyone's surprise, Wendy had blood on her stomach, while Juvia had none. Romeo finally understood. She was reviving Juvia at the same time, as switching the wound to her own body. But... Would Wendy die of it? He had no idea. He feared for Wendy now. Juvia was placed back on the ground gently, and everyone gasped. Juvia's wound was gone. Completely, and she was... Breathing. She wasn't for before that's for sure. Wendy how ever, was descending from the sky at a high altitude. "WENDY!" Lucy screeched as Wendy was coming down faster and faster. Romeo didn't even know what he was doing, because he jumped into the air and caught Wendy before she could fall. Lucy and Natsu looked at each other with wide eyes. Natsu had caught Lucy from falling from the sky twice before. He landed back on his feet, and gently laid Wendy down on the ground. Everyone looked at her, and gasped. Juvia was now awake looking around frantically. Kiy and Jules were clinging onto her. "What happened?" She asked, and everyone looked sad. "You... Were killed with an arrow through the stomach." Lucy said as she stepped forward and only then, Juvia noticed where she was. "Then what am I doing still here?" She asked her voice shaking. "Wendy, she... Risked her life using a forbidden spell to save you." Lucy said shakily looking at Wendy. Juvia gasped. "But... She doesn't even know me... Why... would she risk her own life for a stranger?" Juvia asked shaking in guilt. "Wendy hates seeing people in pain. She helped me when I got lost here and those boys were picking on me." Kiy said and Juvia looked shocked. "Really? Then as a mother, I owe her everything." She said sadness filling her eyes. "Wendy's been through so much, yet her kind heart never fails." Lucy said sadly, but proud at the same time.

Lucy walked over to Wendy to see what everyone was gasping at. Lucy nearly fainted. There was a hole in her stomach, just the size the arrow would have made. Wendy however, was still awake, sweating and panting. She tried getting up, but winced in pain. Juvia walked over to where Lucy was, and she gasped at the little girl. The petite girl was panting heavily, and breathed in deeply. She seemed to get stronger with every breath she took. She looked at the sky, then collapsed.