A.I.: Ch. 12

We all wore black. The atmosphere was dark.

After someone called the police, I was taken aside. I was so good at acting and lying... I got away with it.

No one accused me of killing Reiji. So, I was pretty much in the clear.

But... Seeing the way STARISH and Quartet Night acted... It's like their happiness was all sucked away...

*time skip, a few hours later*

Midnight. It was midnight. I was tired. But I needed to do this. That drug was not going to last any longer.

I was grateful that they didn't burn his body. Then, they really would've killed Reiji.

I started to dig. And dig and dig. I dug for about an hour and a half before I reached the coffin. I opened it up, dragged the body out, closed it, and then buried it all over again.

I dragged Reiji's unconscious body to the outskirts of the city into a small, forgotten and beaten up cottage.

I poured ice water all over him, and he woke up.

The first thing he did when he woke up was take one, long look at me. The second thing he did was lunge at me.

"What did you do?!" He cried. "It hurt!"

I didn't make a move as he held my throat. "Go... men... na... sai!" I managed, my eyes full of empathy.

His hand released from my throat. "I trusted you, Mi-chan..." He said. "Don't tell me you plan to do this to everyone else..."

I didn't meet his gaze. "Azami!" He snapped, using my full name.

"I... I have to..." I whispered. "Or else they'll really kill me..."

"Who?" He asked.

"Who else?" I answered. "Raging. He will publicly humiliate me and then kill me."

His eyes softened. "I see... Arigato, ne, Mi-chan."

I looked up. "Why are you thanking me?"

He hugged me. "You didn't really kill me. You care."

I nodded... But I didn't really care... I just needed answers... And I didn't want to stain my hands.

"Rei-chan." I said. "You have to stay here. There's wifi and tv. I will come every other day to drop off food... Or, I'll have some one else come by and drop off food. Don't not leave the premises... Some one is bound to see you."

He nodded. "Ja ne, Mi-chan."

I nodded. "Ja."

*time skip*

I walked around the Agency. It was quiet and full of sorrow. Losing Reiji hurt everyone. It was like Reiji was the light and heart of the agency.

"Yo!" Hotaru cried, dragging me into the nearest music room.

"Hotaru!" I cried.

She grinned. "I can't believe you poisoned him! What did you do with the vial?!"

"I crushed it and then put it in the fish tank."

"Genius!" She cried with a proud smile. "Now... What is so important that you need to know?"

"The things that I've done that Raging knows about." I answered.

"Everything." She answered. "From the time you ripped out that guy's throat to the time you fought with a target for a gun..."

She recollected old memories.

"Oh! And that cyan haired idol!" She cried.

'Ai?!' I thought.

"That one you drowned!" She cried. "Oh that was priceless! The media thought he commuted suicide!! I think that guy you killed was great friends with him!" 

Sea foam and sadness poked the back of my mind. "I see... Well, then. You're dismissed."

She smirked. "Getting in a little over your head? I'll go. I'll see ya when I see ya."

Hotaru disappeared out a window.

I sighed in relief. 'But... If I killed Ai... How is he alive?! And... What was that sadness that washed over me? I'll ask Reiji about it tomorrow...'

"Who were you just talking to and what was that about a murder?!" A voice snapped.

I whirled around to be face to face with dangerous green eyes.

Is the secret out?! What's going to happen?! The author doesn't know either!! Comment and vote! Arigato! ^-^

☆〜 Chai