Chatting with Kane, from @TheOrangutan's 'Wired.'

Tell us about yourself. Who are you? What makes you tick?

I'm known as Kane, my real name is a memory. Tick? I just do what I do. I go my own way.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

Simple, understood, evil.

What was your nickname at school?

That is a memory I no longer have, the Nimba partially restored me, but there were some things even they couldn't fix.

Headstones tell us an awful lot about who a person was. Is there anything in particular you'd like yours to say?

I'm not sure if I can die. But if I can, then perhaps just "Kane". My actions describe me rather than words.

When you were a young padowan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I'm not sure what the term Padowan means, but I wanted to be a soldier when I was a child. It was later something I achieved, but the cost of that choice is born out by what I have become.

What is your favourite quote?

I get told I say "I go my own way" quite a lot. Not sure if that constitutes a quote or not though, but I quite like Shakespeare's "A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Why did you choose your profession? If you did, indeed, choose it, of course.

It seemed logical given my imbued skillset. I carry information, occasionally I carry other things. I am an intelligent tool, but I choose carefully which things I decide to mend or break.

As your crew cast your lifeless body into the core of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads.

I have no crew, I work alone. I also have no plans, or possibly even the ability, to die any time in the near future. But, that said, I do enjoy music, it's a balm for the soul. Some of the old Earther music was beautiful, so let's go with Little Wing by Hendrix, The Pretender by The Foo Fighters and Superman by the Stereophonics. They mean something.

If you were one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which one would you be and why?

Death. I have seen too much to be anything else.

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?

I don't sleep any more. Sleep too is but a memory.

Is there a particular moment in history that you would change if you could, regardless of the consequences?

No. It is pointless spending time on What Ifs and Maybes. Life is how it is, what counts is how you deal with it.

What's next for you? Love? Life? Death? Retiring to a two-bed cottage on the shore of a picturesque loch in the Scottish Highlands?

Love? That would require someone to love me which I suspect is unlikely given the nature of who and what I am. Life, goes on. Death is something that happens to others, which kinda rules out retirement.

Should you have any descendants, how would you like them to remember you?

I would like them to remember me well, and be able to say "Kane did what he thought was right, and he did it to the best of his ability." If they can say that, then I will be proud. However, procreation may not be possible. That is part of what I am that I have yet to work out. There is still so much I don't know.