Do you remember when we met?

December 10th,1990

Dear Charlie,

Do you remember the first day we ever met each other? We were stuck in a shitty snowstorm together at school and couldn't make it home. So we lived in the school for three days til everything finally settled down and we could go home. We had never met really but had been in band together since middle school. And the only way we weren't going to fucking freeze was to spoon each other when we went to sleep. We ate whatever we could find in the cafeteria room, and we watched all the VHS tapes in the library. It was only the two of us.

Then we became closer and closer. It took a while for you to catch up and realize that I was in love with you. And when you did I knew you felt that too. And by the time we were actually official it was spring break and we only had a couple months together before you went to Evergreen State to become a photographer.

We spent the entire spring break together madly in love, spending every moment of our time together. But now it's December and Christmas is soon and I can't wait to see you. I just know you'll enjoy your gift. But until then I guess I'll have to survive. My parents keep telling me to tell you that they miss you and hope your doing well. So I'm telling you in a letter. Well. I love you and hope your okay. I know your busy with midterms coming up soon, but if you get a chance call me. 

Loving you always,

Riley.

December 15,1990

Dear Riley,

I remember those entire three days. To be honest I had always liked you Riley but I thought you we're to good for me. And to this day I'm still curious why you chose me. Out of all the jocks and preps you chose a shy artistic photographer. But I'm so glad you did. I've been enjoying college so far. I've been working with another photographer named Tobi. She's got a great eye and we might rent out an art space here in Olympia and have a gallery soon. You should go if we end up doing that.

I miss you a lot love. But I'll definitely be home for Christmas because my parents would kill me if I didn't show up. And I have some cool gifts for you too Riley. Just keep doing well at Shorecrest.  And when you graduate you can come up to Olympia. I love you so much Riley Oxford. My roommate practically hates me due to the fact I talk about you constantly. But he's always a drunk slob so I call that even. 

Maybe I'll bring that Shonen Knife album we bought during that spring break with me . But until then I miss you and love you. I'll call you when I'm not studying like crazy for midterms. Oh and also tell your parents thank you and that I can't wait to see them on Christmas.

"Falling in love with you was never my intention but it became my addiction."

- Charlie