Hot Cocoa

Pain, that's all Remus felt. He was being ripped apart, limb by limb. As soon as it began, it ended. He felt like himself, and he had control of himself again. Then he saw him, covered in blood and mangled. It was Sirius.

Remus woke panting. Sirius was still next to him, his arm flung across Remus's chest. Sirius grunted as Remus slid out from under his grasp. He then sat up and placed his feet on the cool ground. Cautiously, he made his way across the bedroom making sure he stepped over the floor board that always squeaked. He stumbled down the stairs and swore loudly when he slammed his toe into the coffee table in the living room. Finally, he whispered "Lumos."

With the light from his wand, he continued into the kitchen and helped himself to a glass of water. Leaning against the counter he sighed and gulped down some water. All he could see was the broken Sirius from his dream. Rubbing his eyes he muttered to himself, "it was just a dream."

"What was a dream?" a gritty voice says, "being my boyfriend?"

It was Sirius, with his usual stupid grin on his face.

Remus gave a weak smile, "sure, Sirius."

"You know you want me," he replied wiggling his eyebrows. He trotted across the room pausing a few steps away from Remus.

"Oh shut up," Remus said his voiced laced with sarcasm.

"That's not what you said last night."

Remus choked on the water, and started coughing. His cheeks flamed a ruddy pink. Sirius stepped closer to him, "You're cute when you blush."

Sirius stared to lean in for a kiss. Remus's breath hitched just enough for Sirius to notice. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's nothing," Remus's voice cracked.

Sirius pulled him into a tight hug, and rubbed his back. Remus trembled as he took in a shaky breath.

"I don't want to hurt you." He murmured, holding in tears.

Sirius pushed him away, so they were facing each other. His hands still placed on Remus's shoulders. Wiping a tear from Remus's cheek he declared, "Remus John Lupin, the only way you'll hurt me is if you leave me."

"But-"

Sirius cut him off quickly, "and that is not going to happen."

"Sirius," he uttered, pausing to take in a sharp breath, "I'm scared."

"You have nothing to be afraid of, I will not leave you, I'm always gonna be there for you." He paused, "Do you know why, Remus?"

Remus shook his head.

"Because I love you."

This time Remus was the one who pulled Sirius in for a hug this time.

"Now, would you like some hot cocoa?" asked Sirius.

"It's 3 o'clock in the morning," he replies, wiping his runny nose on his jumper's sleeve.

"Would you like some hot cocoa?" he repeats.

"You just want me to make you hot cocoa."

"No, I want to make it!" whines Sirius.

"But your hot cocoa is horrid!"

Sirius stepped back from him pretending to look offended, "I am a wonderful cook, you just need an acquired taste to enjoy my food."

"Yeah, you have to really like burnt food."

"It's crispy food, and I like it!" Sirius whines.

"You managed to burn milk last time you made hot cocoa."

"Fine, I see how it is."

Remus begins taking out the ingredients for the delectable drinks as Sirius strolls over to the other side of the room to turn on the radio. The radio is already set to his favorite station. The voice on the radio is plagued with static and says, "...and are Queen marathon continues. Next up is Somebody to Love from their album, A Day at the Races."

Sirius had never liked the music played by wizards, he had always been a big fan of muggle rock. The first note is sung as Remus lights the stove, to heat the milk. Sirius walked back over to Remus, he starts to dance around Remus. Sirius tries to get him to dance with him, but Remus just laughs at his clumsy moves.

"You are one of the most awful dancers, I had ever met." he declares.

"If you don't dance with me I'll make you breakfast." Sirius responds holding his hand out.

He shrugs, takes his hand and spins around with him. They laugh together doing their pathetic dance. Sirius tries to get Remus to salsa, but it fails miserably. They just end up swaying to the music. Sirius begin to sing about halfway through the song.

"Can anybody find meeeee!" he belts, "somebody tooooooooo, loooove!"

Remus starts snorts he's laughing so hard, "Merlin's beard you're annoying."

"But you love me!" sings Sirius.

******************************************************************

Hope you all enjoyed it! I loved writing it! I apologize for the lack of British words, and grammar, after all I'm American.

Somebody to Love belongs to Queen and their label, not me.

I'll try to write some more, but no promises. Although, if you suggest an idea I'll definitely write it!

Thanks for reading,

- Jimmie -