The First Day

A/N: So this One-shot book will most likely be updated time to time but, if you have any requests do tell. (I'll most likely update more often given requests).

I walk to high school, no other Eds around. Eddy had one of those "big" scam ideas again although, I simplest must refuse it's the first day of school for one matter.

Once I reach the school I readjust my backpack, never had I ever had to deal with the first day alone. I pull out my neatly folded schedule for my pocket and look it over 'Science: 208 RM'. That's not bad.

I enter the building and casual walk the halls looking for my classroom. Only to accidentally bump into Kevin and two girls he seemed to have winner over, already on the first day. I sigh inwardly not wanting him to see my frustration with the situation now. Why in this world must so many be fond of him? It always leaves me sidelined, not like it used to be as he'd chat with me time to time despite our different social groups.

Kevin stares as if he was going to speak... Until his eyes wander over the girls faces which are beyond words hateful. "Watch where your going dork" he snarks. The girls giggle as he walks away.

I can barely believe what he's become. Eddy always tells me he's just a jerk, but I still can't come to terms with that. I frown understanding how hopeless I am and continue off to my class.

Even after the first every encounter I had with him today, it never ceased to cause my heart to ache, having feelings towards a heterosexual male isn't the most favored scenario.  

After classes, I go sit beneath an old oak tree in the park, finally a break from all the nonsense of the late and read a book for once.  

Starting the second year of high school was a bit more tiring than I thought. I let out a relieved sigh the beating sun finally softens as it sets behind the mass of trees and earth at the horizon.

I hear a few footsteps that only seemed to be getting closer. They stop somewhere in front of me panting heavily, as if they ran about everywhere. "Double dork," I look up from the mention of the infamous nickname of mine that I had been given a long time ago, the person who spoke being Kevin. "have you any idea how long I've been looking for you?" He asks less than a question.  

"You had been looking for me Kevin?" I close my book, giving him my full attention.

Kevin walks over and sits in front of me before saying, "Yeah."

"Why would you be looking for me" Honestly I'm generally curious as to why he'd ever be looking for me. Well.. Unless he needed me to assist him in some sort of way; that always ended with us just sitting around, conversing.

"I.. Wanted to tell you something.." He shifts almost uncomfortably.

"Oh?"

"I.." He twiddled his thumbs anxiously. I lean in closer to him as if to encourage him to continue.

He takes a deep breath and looks up from the ground to my face, "I think.. I love you". His face reddens at the word love as does mine.

"Kevin.." I feel my heart skip a beat.

"You don't need to say it, I know already.... I just felt you needed to know."

I shake my head, "Actually" I feel my face further heat up... "I love you too" I smile softly.

He wrap his arms around me and pulls me closer in a gentle embrace, I sitting in his lap now. "You've got to be kidding"  

"Not at all" I kiss his cheek. I never imagined he felt the same, ever.  

Kevin chuckles, "So what are you doing here in the first place?" Did I mention this park is more like a woods on its own rather than a park even with the benches and paths here and there.

"It seemed like a good quiet place to escape"

"Hm" He pauses, "also, I'm sorry about earlier"

"Sometimes I really don't know how to act around you... I guess I still need to work on being less of a jerk."

I frown at his guilty expression, "there's always tomorrow" I say.

He smiles, "Yeah"

I can only imagine how that'd go.

--------

A/N: So first KevEdd, right here. *smiles* I hope you all like it.