Part 4

Tsuzuku P.O.V

"It's you! It's always been you! From the very first day it's been you! I've been trying to make you realise, I've been trying to make you see! And yes - you're right - it's fucking painful to have to fake being best friends with the man you love day after endless day - I can't stand it anymore!"

The words he spoke repeated themselves over and over again in my head.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU TSUZUKU."

After he yelled it all at me, we just stood on the path, staring at each other in shock. He was shivering, but his stance didn't change. Stood with those beautiful blue orbs locked onto mine. I was shivering also, and I was too confused now. The bitter cold was consuming my body as I watched him, and I wished to be back, warm at home... or in his arms.

Slowly, I noticed the bassist's expression change. The angry glare started to fade, he bit his bottom lip slightly as his eyes filled with tears which he seemed determined to hold back. He was telling the truth - I was just being stupid. I had been completely ridiculous and denied any sort of hint that he had a crush on me. I had persuaded myself that he was too good for me and my mind had completely ignored any signs and covered them with 'No, he loves Meto.'

I kept watching him, also resisting the approaching urge to cry.

"Koichi..." I spoke softly to try to calm him but he shook his head, making the mass of earrings in his ear collide and sound. As he shook his head, he let out a quiet sob, averting his eyes to gaze at the ground instead of me out of shyness, maybe.

"Koichi, you don't need to get upset."

I didn't know how to help at all.

"The fact that you love me - that's a shock - of course it is!"

Koichi P.O.V

I just wanted to run away - but I knew that was a bad idea. He was so shocked - probably disgusted that I would say such a thing when he surely had eyes for that Ryoga. I wanted to apologise, but I knew as soon as I opened my mouth to talk I would burst into tears. I shook my head softly and kept my bottom lip from trembling by biting it hard with my teeth. However, the feelings became too much, and instead of just crying I managed to make an awkward hiccupping sound which made me avert my eyes from embarrassment. Well - I had fucked this up.

The vocalist admitted his obvious shock to me, and I felt even worse. He wouldn't take his eyes off of me and I just wanted to disappear into the ground.

"But Koichi?" I didn't even look up at him to hear the words that were coming next. I was sure I was going to be disappointed.

"I'm happy. I'm so happy that you told me. I've been such a dick to you and it's so not fair. I want to sort this out."

He took a deep breath and looked at the floor also.

"I... I just want to..."

His adorable stutter appeared and made him even shyer. I had no idea what he was doing now and my mind felt blank and empty, my body felt cold and numb.

"I want to say that..." He kept attempting to speak and the idiot, who was usually so brave and loud, couldn't find the words at all. I didn't want them. I was trying so hard not to turn and run.

"I want to say that i..."

I was getting so worked up and frustrated for god's sake.

Tsuzuku P.O.V

I was so determined to tell him until I got halfway through the sentence. I didn't want to make him hurt more, but my shitty confidence held me back.

"Tsuzuku..." he sniffed as he said my name, his voice the softest murmur against the bitter wind.

"Tsu just tell me." Tears spilled from his eyes at that moment, his face scrunched up and he hid it behind his large hands. He was beautiful, as always, and I couldn't help but want to help him. He dropped his shoulders and cowered, stood before me and cried. At first it was a few sniffs which were almost inaudible, but gradually he couldn't stop it and I could tell his heart was breaking more and more the longer he waited for me.

I tried to confess to him once again yet I lacked the confidence. Every time I spoke I made it worse. I was tempted to leave him alone - I wasn't helping our situation. The bassist was a mess of tears and his makeup resembled a panda's features due to how smudged it was. Dropping to the floor, he leaned against the wall and cried more.

"Tsu I can't bear this anymore! I can't take all the chasing after you. Please just tell me you don't feel the same so that I can move on with my life!" His voice croaked and even I felt a tear or two escape my eyes. I hated seeing him like this. I was being way too unfair on him.

"Koichi I love you."

Time stopped. My breath stopped. His crying - almost - stopped. I said it.

Through sniffs and occasional sobs he managed to look up at me, softly whispering, "What?"

"Koichi, you're the most beautiful, talented man I've ever seen. You've got the most amazing hair and a superior taste in fashion that I absolutely adore. But as well as that, you've got a lovely cheerful personality and the most amazing smile that I've ever gazed upon. You're a talented man and a strong, clever one too and everything you do just makes me stare at you without even thinking about what I'm doing. I kept denying my love for you over and over again and ignoring it, because you're just too good for me - I thought I didn't deserve such a man. And I don't - I know I was right. To know that you love me back was so shocking and my heart is still racing. Koichi, honestly, why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

The male, who was now shivering and sniffing while sat on the cold pavement, began a full minute of staring at me and crying and stuttering and sniffling. Eventually, I just crouched down next to him and pulled his body close to mine, stroking his amazing hair and rocking our bodies from left to right.

"Don't cry any more, my bambi - you've got me here to look after you" I spoke gently into his ear. The cute bassist rested his head against my chest and smiled to himself. The most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

DOUBLE UPDATE?! I'm really treating you guys ;) hehe this pairing makes me giggle because theyre usually the louder, more confident two, and now theyre acting so shy!! *Please make sure you vote/comment/follow me if you like it - your feedback always makes me smile so much!! Thank you for reading this story so far - its still not quite finished!!*

EmS!