Chapter 4: The Meeting

...
I thought about the what happened on the car ride home.
'I should probably call Louie and tell him I did the drop off' I thought as I pulled out my phone and dialed his number
"...."
"Hello?" Said a husky voice
"Hey, Louie it's Val." I couldn't help but smiled at his sexy tone
"Oh hey babe, how was the drop off?" He asked
'Babe?' I thought and smirked at his sly gesture
"Good."
There was a small pause and I was able to muster up the confidence to say what I needed to.
"Louie, I know." I said almost shaking
"What do you mean" he slightly laughed
"About the pay off. About Stevi." I bit my lip and his laughing came to an abrupt stop.
"You looked, didn't you."
I didn't say anything
"I trusted you to just do the job." He said gritting his teeth through the phone
"And I trusted you to be honest with me! I understand you were forced into this too and trust me I don't like it either but the least you can do is be honest with me!" I shouted through the speaker.
I could tell he was sorting through his thoughts on the other end of the line.
"Get home soon the meeting is going to start and you better not be late or else." He said in an almost scary raspy tone.
"Or else wha-" before I could finish he hung up and left me with an uneasy feeling.
...
I pulled up on the paved drive way to see Damian waiting for me.
"You really fucked up this time." He mumbled and fixed his jeans as he walked towards me
"Oh?" I said nonchalantly
"Oh yeah," he exaggerated his words
I rolled my eyes and headed for the front door 
"Hay" he said  gabbing my arm and spun me around to face him.
"Louie says to get ready and be in his office in 30 minutes." He quickly glanced down and made me blush before I ran upstairs to my room.
...
I walked out in a short but covering red dress and black wedges with my hair down and a thin coat of lip gloss.
"Um Louie?" I knocked on his half open office door
I felt a hot breathe in my neck and quickly turned, only to be pinned up against the cold wall.
"Who told you." He roared and stared daggers at me
I gasped
"Frank!!" I shouted, hoping he'd let go
"What did he tell you!" He snarled and tightened his grip on me
"That I was suppose to marry Stevi but you paid my stepfather for me to marry you and Stevi is angry because my father broke his agreement!" I cried in one breathe
He growled and let me go only to grab my arm and drag me down a hall
'Im too young to die' I shivered
I heard talking coming from a room to my left which reassured me that my fate wasn't sealed.
"Now I'm hosting a meeting with my fellow mafia accomplices, and I need to be polite and act like my little trophy alright?" He said quickly before we both rushed into a big room filled with men in dark suits and beautiful women in gorgeous dresses behind them.
'Wait did he just say trophy?' The thought made me feel slightly hot.
"Hello everyone," smiled Louie
"You all know me, but I would like to take a moment to introduce my beautiful fiancé, Valentina." He called and raised his hand to me as if to show me off like...literally a trophy.
The men in the room all clapped and whistled while most of the women smiled.
I had never been shown off before, so the entire situation made me blush.
...
I took a seat next to Louie and scanned the room to find familiar faces while he talked.
I looked to my right at the far end of the table, all I saw were stunning grey eyes, that met mine. I swallowed hard and pried my eyes off of him and glanced and the women he brought
"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself
I gazed over at a slightly short women with light olive skin, shoulder length mahogany hair, and deep black eyes.
'Lia?' I thought completely stunned at the idea of my baby sister here, not to mention she was here with Stevi.
I could help my curiosity
'Are they a thing?' I thought and cringed
'Does she know about the whole pay off thing?'
'How does Stevi even know her? He never took the time to get to know her!' I thought angrily
'Wait am I...jealous? Hell no' I reassured myself.
...
The meeting had ended and I stood by Louie while he shook many people's hands as they exited. I took a moment to fix my dress before  Stevi passed us.
"Valie!" Squealed Lia as she squeezed me in a tight hug
"Hey" I said simply
"I need to talk to you in private." I spoke quickly and pulled Stevi by the hand.
I then took him to Louie's office where no one was.
"Hey Val" he had a warm soft smile
"Hi" I smiled back
"I found out about the pay off and me marring Louie when I was suppose to marry you thing..." I said awkwardly, getting to the point
His smiled dropped and I felt slightly guilty
"I wished it could of been us." He said looking at the ground
'Wait, what' I did a double take
"What do you mean" I obviously wasn't expecting that to be his answer.
"I tried fighting for us but I could do anything...but I'm not giving up."
"Us?" I swallowed hard
"Look Val I know it's sudden but it's always been you, when I would come over to see your brother, I'd always hoped I would get to see you and when I found out we were arranged I was beyond happy." He paused "but when I see you with him, all I think about is the feeling of regret, like I lost you."
I was blown away. Is this really happening? is the guy I fell In love with 4 years ago really in love with me???????!????
"What are you doing with Lia then?" I asked slightly hurt.
"Since you were taken...your father allowed Lia to be arranged with me." He said slightly lowing his head.
"She's so young!" I said loudly "he can't do that! She is barley 16!"
"I know, But Va-" before he could finish he was cut off
"Get the fuck out of my office." Said a low, deep voice that made chills run down my back.
I saw Stevi's eyes dart over to the voice
"We are talking" he snarled back
"Really? From what it seems, it sounds like your forcing your pathetic, hopeless crush on her." He chuckled as if he were the one in the argument who had the upper hand.
Stevi gritted his teeth and clenched his hands
"Say that again and I'll kill you, you betraying liar."
"In my own office?" He had a devilish smile on, testing Stevi
"Louie stop." I said annoyed
He casually walked over to me and snaked his arms around my waist, then lightly put his head on top of mine.
I got a warm feeling of security when he did this, however it made Stevi's blood boil.
"Don't act like you love her."
"But I do and if you have a problem then you can leave." Said Louie sounding proud
"If you "Love" her so much then explain to her why you were with Siena the night before you met Val!!" Screamed Stevi
But not a second after Stevi spoke, he was flung back on to the floor with a bloody nose and a busted lip.
"Shut your fucking mouth" Louie barked
It had finally hit me that Louie was wrapped around me and that he had just sucker punched Stevi.
"LOUIE" I yelped while pushing him, then went over to help Stevi back up on his feet.
...

VOTE&COMMENT&FOLLOW