Prologue

That was it.

All of this is over.

Blaine is gone and I'm alone.

Nothing could stop the tears at this point. They were breaking their dams and I fell to the floor, burying my head in my hands. Not looking up when I felt a hand upon my back. I leaned into the body and sobbed until I couldn't conjure any more of the regret tainted saline tears.

"You could still go after him," Finn said. "He's probably at his house or something." I pushed myself off of Finn and looked him in the eye.

"I just fucked everything up, Finn! He will never take me back, I just broke his heart! Do you have any idea what kind of a monster I am? Everyone always thought that he would be the one to break me. I have absolutely no reason to be crying, he is the one that tried to ask me for a second chance and I refused him. Finn, we were so stupid. We thought we were different. We thought that we would never break up and look where we are! Finn, I broke up with him!" I looked at the floor as if it would give me a chance to turn back the clock.

"You didn't have to. Kurt, if you guys work out again in the future, then that's great. Fantastic. And I would definitely be all for you two getting hitched the next day, but right now you two need a break. Things were getting hard and you guys just need some distance, but you can't stay hung up over this. Put yourself out there when you get to New York. Live a little! But if you think that I am going to let you cry when you did what was best for both of you, you are sadly mistooken."

Kurt chuckled at that, "Mistaken," he corrected.

"Don't correct me when I'm giving you a pep talk!"

"Okay, but I need to be alone right now. I need to think. I need to pack, since I'm now leaving for New York in a week. You know, I was going to put my life on hold for him?"

"Hey, no more talk about Blaine."

"Right," I looked at Finn again ."Thank you."

"No problem, little bro." Finn pulled me into a hug and I felt almost content knowing that one of my biggest bullies three years ago is now my biggest advocate.

"Okay, well, give Mr. Schuester my regards. I'll see you at home."

His talk wasn't going to make me stop thinking about Blaine, but it was what I needed for now. I walked over to my car and pulled out of the apartment complex. I contemplated driving over to Blaine's house. Make it up to him. Apologize. I decided against it and drove home, tears stinging my eyes knowing that I may never be with Blaine again.

Little did I know that my life just took a turn for the worst...

---

Not the best, but I mean, it's a start. Sorry for the shitty intro, just figured I'd start the story in August like I promised. I don't know when the next update will be because school is about to get back in for me. I'll try to update as to least two more times before the first day. Love you all my gumdrops. ♡v♡