1. Her Question.

"What are your plans for tomorrow Ray?" Shy asked me as she took a mouthful of her Ham and Cheese burger.

"Shy for gods sake you are 31 years old now. Eat like an adult," I said as I wiped the mayo dripping down her chin.

"Don't change the topic Rayleen!"

"Alright alright. Calm down woman," I said with a smirk plastered across my face.

Provoking Shy has always been fun. The way she reacts to unanswered questions! I can totally sense her blood pressure increasing by one unit with every passing second I don't answer her. It's just like this everytime she gets mad at me.

Like that one time when we were 10 and I refused to reply to her "Whatsup" the entire day at school.

Yeah, good old days.

"Okay lets not make her wait more," My subconscious scolds me.

By the time I come back to Earth, I can feel the anger radiating from her eyes now.

"Definitely not good for a pregnant woman Ray, answer her now," I hear the annoying voice of my subconscious again.

"Yeah.... Uhmmm sorry.... I-uh-I..... zoned out. As usual," I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment as I looked down on the table and started to play with my fork as I continued, "You know my problem Shy, I hear voices in my head and my low powers of concentration make me distracted so easily that I forget what we were originally conversing about."

Her palm gently takes hold of my wrist and I look up to see her face filled with pity and sympathy for my 'condition' as people call it.

Dumb people.

"I hate that look on her face. It makes me feel so small. Worthless. Absolutely worthless," I hear the soft whimpering voice who has become a part of me. Just like the others have.

Others.

"You aren't worthless Sweetie. You are ill. Mentally unstable. End of the discussion," That nagging and always discouraging voice speaks up for the first time since today morning.

Good morning, sweetie. Thanks for your ever encouraging words.

I can't help but sarcastically retort back at her.

"Ray! Shy is sitting right in front of you!" My subconscious cuts my conversation with the others and I look back at Shy who's looking back at me with worried eyes.

"Plans for tomorrow, Ray!" I hear the hoarse male voice of my 'knight-in-shining-armour' who usually helps me in situations like this.

Thanks Mem!

"Oh yes Shy. I'm going to visit Nanny Lizzy and am planning on spending the day at her farm tomorrow. Thanks for asking," I reply. Finally.

****

Hi Everyone!
Thought of this new concept. Yeah it's weird I know. But its fun to write.

Gimme your feedback plz.

FYI its Mem only. Not mom. Mem as in memory.

Okay that's it for now.

Bye.