Mac

Mac's P.O.V

What the hell that cunt was thinking had my head in a tailspin. I hurried to my cave, needing to get another batch done and fucking over with. Walter was getting on my ass, telling me that I was slacking. I didn't need to hear that shit. Devon and Reggie had just arrived a bit ago, and they were settling into their home. I hated them. Ever since that night, nothing had never been the same. Why had they had to find my damn cave? 

Shaking my head, I pull to a stop and put my truck in park. I pick up the flashlight that I have laying on my floor, flicking it on. It was going to get dark in the cave. 

Mira's P.O.V

I sat at my house, confused. Mac had never spoken to me like I was delicate, nor had he switched from soft to harsh as fast as he did. I got a few looks from the whores that linger around town. I knew why. Mac had given me the special treatment. I know from being here as long as I have so far, that Mac would normally have watched a woman be dragged outside and not given two shits about what happens to her. To have that man protect me was something strange and they didn't like it, nor did they like me. 

And I had never known that I would fall in love with a sick, meth addict. 

Breakfast seemed unnecessary, because I had lost my appetite. Sitting back in my chair, I tried to get my mind in gear. Closing my eyes, I tried to stop thinking about him. Mac was beginning to plague my mind, and all I saw was his face. His bright blue eyes, tanned skin, a handsome face, and a bad boy attitude. 

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I was working outside when I hear a car pull into the drive. I knew that Mac drove a truck, so that couldn't be him. When I look up, my heart stops. Roman is getting out of his car, and he looks terrible. He looks like Mac put him through the grinder. I stand, my hand going to the knife that Mac had left on my table. It was a switchblade, and somehow, I felt safer having it and thinking about how Mac thought I should have it. 

"That was a shitty move last night slut." He says. 

"That was your fucking fault." I reply, snapping at him. "I had nothing to do with that."

"Yes you did." He growls. "I bet you're fucking him!" He moves closer and I slip the blade into my hand, getting ready for anything.

"No I'm not." I say.

"You're lying." He snaps and then he lunges, but I'm plunging the blade into his stomach. He gasps, and I stare, wide-eyed as he falls to the ground. I drop the knife, watching a blood pools around his plaid shirt and falls onto the red dirt. "What the fuck did you do?" He pants, choking and coughing. Slowly, I watch as the color fades from his face, and I don't move until I feel arms around me. I scream, struggling against the person. 

"Shh, it's me." 

I instantly calm down at the sound of his voice, and then we're sinking to the ground together. I am pulled into his lap, and I just slump over, watching Roman twitch on the ground until finally, he stops moving. 

"I killed him." I breathe.

Tears are falling from my eyes, and I feel Mac tightening his arms around me. "He had it coming Mira." He presses his chin to the junction of my neck and shoulder, hushing me and calming me down. "I'm proud of you." 

"Proud why?" 

"You solved your own problem." 

"But I'll be tried for murder." I whine, turning in his hold to look him in the eyes. He doesn't seem fazed.

"Not if they don't find the body." 

I stare at him for a moment and then glance back at Roman's body. He had been an asshole, but I didn't deserve to be held for murder when it was self defense. I knew I wouldn't get free if they found his body, but I didn't know where to start. "What do we do?" I ask, and he chuckles from behind me, and I feel the rumble all throughout his body. I couldn't help it, but I feel a tingle course through me, and I shiver. 

"Are you turned on?" He asks.

I couldn't speak, but I shift on his lap, feeling something hard poke at my ass. I gasp, trying to turn around in his grasp, but he tightens his grip and leans forward. I brace myself as he towards above me. I moan as he grabs my hips and draws me it towards his own. He grinds himself against me, and for some reason, I felt naughty. I had a man who was one of the worst men in town, pressing an erection against my ass, while there was a dead man laying in front of us. But then his weight is gone, and I am being lifted to my feet. Mac grabs Roman's body, dragging it to the back of his truck. 

He drives us to the middle of no where, telling me to stay put as he disposes of Roman. I hear a thunk, some dragging, but I close my eyes to ignore the image before me. Then I feel heat, and I see a large fire. Mac is coming back to the truck and he turns the vehicle around. 

I close my eyes, wishing the day to be over with, and before I know it, I'm asleep.