Chapter 8

It was 2:45pm. I was slightly early but nevertheless I didn't mind. I had changed in to red and black striped tights with severely ripped denim-looking leggings on top. On top I had on a black unevenly cut top with a zombie cat on it with pink netting beneath that. To top it off I also had my military-styled black boots on and a military-style jacket overall. This was my favourite outfit.

I suddenly realised I had not told Jackie about my experience. How could have I been so forgetful? She would die to hear this! I picked up my phone and quickly dialled Jackie:

"Hey Jack!"

"Hey!" she replied optimistically.

"You'll never guess what has happened to me! Like seriously- it sounds like a dream but it's not!"

"Spit it out!"

"Well...after you went yesterday I was walking to go home when these rough looking boys stopped me and tried to mug me of my phone..."

"WHAT! SKYE WHY DIDN'T YOU CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! ARE YOU ALIGHT?"

"Chill! I'm fine! But this is where the story gets better. Someone came over, kind of like my knight in shining armour really, and scared the boys off and helped me up! Because I was slightly injured he carried me to his car and took me home where I could rest where we then watched Shrek and I slept on the sofa. Now I'm going to Za Za Bazaar with him and his friend! I'm waiting outside the restaurant now"

"What! What is this guy like? Is he hot?"

"This is where it gets better Jackie. We both actually know who he is and who is friend is...we just had never met them before"

"Who?"

"Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil..."

There was silence at the end of the phone. A long silence.

"Are...are you serious?" Jackie stuttered.

"I swear on my life" I promised her, "and now I am waiting for them outside Za Za Bazaar because they invited me to eat with them".

All of sudden I could hear nothing but fan girl screaming and shrieking. I held the phone away from my ear whilst Jackie got out her piece before calming down.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" She exclaimed. "THIS IS AMAZING!"

"I know" I agreed nodding even though she couldn't see me. "Listen, I gotta go" I told her as I could see both Dan and Phil walking towards me waving.

"Text me later! Maybe I could get to meet them!" Jackie joked and I gave a small laugh in response before hanging up and abruptly placing my phone back in my pocket. Dan and Phil were here!

"How are you feeling after yesterday?" Dan questioned me whilst Phil had gone up to get his dessert after quite a large main meal. It was a buffet- you're supposed to pig out at them! "Better thank you" I replied, "Still a little sore but I'm good". "That's great" Dan said smiling. He seemed genuinely happy about this.

Five desserts between us all later, we had finally finished and I and Dan decided to go back to his and Phil's place. Phil decided he would do some grocery shopping for them both so trekked his way over to the food store.

Dan unlocked the door and I walked in behind him. He chucked his keys on the counter and jumped on the sofa whilst inviting me to sit beside him. I obeyed and slid in to the side of the sofa next to him.

"Skye..." he began with a concerned expression on his face. Uh-Oh. This did not sound good. "Listen, we need to talk". Ugh. That dreaded cliché phrase that always came before something bad happens. "I know we haven't known each other very long, but I like you Katie. I mean, really like you. Despite us not knowing one another well there is something about you that intrigues me and I just can't get enough of you". I gasped. Did...did I really hear that right? The popular and internet famous Danisnotonfire likes me? As in REALLY likes me? Things like that don't happen to girls like me.

"I...I don't know what to say Dan. Are you sure this isn't a joke? Part of one of your videos?" I asked suspiciously. "I promise it isn't" Dan assured me. To back up how much he meant what he said he sidled up closer to me; closing the gap between us. He took my hand and placed it in his own on his lap. I tried to look down in embarrassment but Dan lifted my chin up with one gentle and delicate finger. I looked in to his eyes. "I really want to start seeing you more Skye. I want us to start dating...But I don't know how you feel about me".

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for an answer. I couldn't leave him in the dark about my emotions. "I like you too Dan. But I don't want you to feel I only have a thing for you because I fangirl over you on YouTube. The past two days I've got to know the real Dan; the Dan behind the camera. You came to my side when I needed help the most and worried about me when I was injured. You're a genuine guy Dan and I would enjoy very much to get to know Dan behind the camera". Wow: that seemed like an essay.

I dreaded what Dan's reaction would be. But all he did was pull me in to my arms and hug me. It was a comfortable silence. We didn't need any more words to explain how we wanted things to go. I rested my head on his broad chest and sighed in happiness. I can't believe this was happen. I'm dating Dan Howell. The boy I only dreamed about just days ago.

Things like that just don't happen to girls like me.