Chapter 1; A Special Kind of Someone

I wake up with my brown, wavy hair askew. This happens every morning, but its better than usual if I fishtail braid it, I probably won't have to wash it. This could mean I have more time, to sleep, go on the internet, and do my homework... HA! Just kidding. I don't wait until the last minute to do my homework, but today I had reason to. Yesterday was awesome. Its kind of weird, because I've always had old or weird or scary neighbors, but just a couple of months ago, some people moved in. They brought their chickens with them, and since I live in Indiana, this wasn't strange to me. I just now am starting to get to know them, and I think I might wake up now, a little so I can get dressed.

I run down the stairs, and it looks like everyone else is sleeping. I start to make a bowl of cereal for myself and try not to make noise--even though I can't hear it, I'm still considerate. Then I go to wake up my brother, we're twins, but we don't look like it at all. I look like the older one, and he still looks like he's 12. He gets up slowly and scratches his head.

"Get up Jae!! WAKEY WAKEY!!" I slap the back of his head.

"ugh. I hate you." he signs and says because he's just that good.

"Love you too bro. NOW. What could today be might you ask?"

"I didn't ask--"

"MY DRIVING TEST!!!!!!"

"and mine..." he signs sadly.

"Well, we know you're gonna fail yours anyways."

"Whatever Jade!! YOU are the bad driver."

"WHY?"

"You're deaf dummy."

"Well yea, but I think that I have the right to drive just like anyone else." I walk out and I'm a little hurt, actually. I grab my toothbrush from the holder and brush for a really long time. Once I'm done, I get dressed in my favorite tank, because it's supposed to be the first nice day of the year, and I don't care if I get in trouble, I can just block them out. Since I go to a public, hearing school, I have struggled keeping up, but I REFUSE to have a creepy interpreter follow me around. NOT HAPPENING.