Chapter 1 - Camping In Hell

Juliet's POV-

"Hell to the no!" Charlotte and I yell at the same time.

"Come on girls! It's will be fun! Two weeks of wild nature and interaction with the family. You will love it." Jessie, Charlottes mom, explain.

Charlottes and I's families, are super close. Her mom knew my Mom and Dad since first grade and since the third one they were inseparable. It got quite extreme, especially when they had babies at the same time in hopes of giving birth to a boy and a girl and them getting married. Even though me and Charlotte will never get married since we are both straight, our moms were not disappointed when me and her became instant friends, not that we had a choice.

Since we were little we spent almost every day together, and now we are both 14 and still friends , going to grade 9 in September.

So it is no surprise that when Charlottes family decided go to a 2 week camping trip in British Columbia, that my family decided to join them on this crucial trip.

Apparently, we will be going to 'Canim Lake Resort' owned by a German family. It has a nice big lake, and we will hopefully get the chance of going tubing.

If you are wondering why we are so bummed about going on such a 'fun trip', it's because we are 14 and its 2015. Teenagers our age will not enjoy two weeks of sleeping in sweaty sleeping bags while little blood suckers like mosquitoes and leeches live around you. Adding the fact that there is no wifi makes it even worse.

I mean.. Come on!

At my age, with my personality, the only thing that can make me happy is a good book on Wattpad and a can of Coca Cola.

Or in Charlottes place, a cute boy and a box of chocolates.

Our personalities are extremely different. I am intelligent, over protective and mature even for my own age, while With Charlotte give her a magazine full of hot boys and she is occupied for hours. She is not stupid, far from it actually, she is just naive and way too trusting, way too carefree and forgetting about the danger that the world holds.

It's not a bad thing, but I am constantly finding myself helping her of heartbreak and saving her from dangerous situations.

So here we are, me packing while Charlotte is talking on the phone to her flavor of the week on my couch. 

"OMG, Juliet he called me "darling" I can imagine him saying it with his British accent-" she gushes "- "DARLING! ,damn , my heart just melted a little" , oh and if you couldn't tell she over exaggerates just a little

Like always, I'm doing the important tasks while she is in her own world, where all the boys are wrapped around her finger.

"You know, instead of being a hormonal teenager, maybe you should help me PACK." I emphasis on the last word. She really frustrates me sometimes.

"Oh Juliet-" she chuckles "-if I'm not going to get the attention of the boys, who will?" She is so full of herself, I'm surprised I stay friends with her.

"Jesus Christ Charlotte, you are only 14. Go do your homework." I say. At age 14 she is already boy crazed. But I'm not surprised, we do look very mature for our age, people always assume we are over 16.

"First of all, it's a summer. Second of all, last year I was 13 next year I'm 15, age is just another number, go have fun while you can Jules." She explains.

My mom called us down , interrupting our amusing conversation. Jamie, my mom, tells Charlotte to go home so she can pack too.

"Chow chicka! Don't have too much fun without me!" She calls out to me.