Chapter 2

We cross the back parking lot and approach my ratty old pick up truck, the thing has to be twenty years old. It was my dad's about a million years ago. Then when i got my licence over the summer we fixed it up and now it's mine. Alexis helps me into the passenger seat (she won't let me drive in my current "condition"), then she herself hops into the driver seat and grabs the keys off the back of the steering wheel where she knows I hide them. She starts it and pulls swiftly out of the parking lot, and by swiftly I mean she floors the gas and jets around the corner and down the road.

"Remind me again how you got your licence?" I ask her.

"Shut up, like you can drive any better you dork."

"Oh you know I can drive better than you." I say.

"You can not, it's just this ancient rust bucket you call a truck. When I'm in my car I'm fine." she replies promptly.

"Lexis, doing eighty in a fifty rather that ninety in a fifty does not qualify as 'fine'." I say to her.

"Oh shut up." she says and punches me in the shoulder, I wince and she looks over at me. "Sorry sorry, are you okay?"

"I'll be fine, or at least I will if you watch the road. I'd rather live and be beat up than die in a car crash at the age of sixteen!"

"Yeah you're okay, smart alec." she said.

I chuckle, "That's what he said."

"No it's 'thats what she said'."

"No, I mean that's what John called me." I say.

"Oh. Zach we have to do something about him, this can not continue!" she says angrily.

"You know I find it funny that you are the one protesting when I'm the one who has gotten my butt handed to me on a silver platter pretty much everyday since the start of middle school."

"You make an interesting point, why aren't you doing anything about this?" she asks.

"Because I figure it's just best to suck it up and deal with it rather than to have adults medal in this and stalk me for the rest of my high school career." I reply.

"So? Those meddling adults can also make sure you don't have to finish your high school career in a hospital room!"

"We should take up boxing, or some kind of martial art. It could be fun, plus John could get what's coming to him." I reply rubbing my shoulder.

"Not a bad idea, but don't they always say martial arts are for self defense not revenge?" she asks.

"That's what it would be used for, I won't go after him but when he comes after me I'll be able to defend myself."

"Seems like a good idea, do you want me to take the classes with you?" she asks.

"Uh duh." I say.

"Okay, I'll ask Angie if she knows any good places we can go."

Angie is Alexis's twenty four year old sister, who is an amazing cook. She also has a little eight year old brother named Ben who is Satan in a child's body.

"Dosen't her boyfriend know Tae Kwon Doe or something though?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, maybe he can teach us. I'll talk to them about it."

"Awesome, did she make pie today? I want pie." I say.

"Ask her yourself she's home and we're almost there." Alexis says.

"Well it looks like she did, there's two of them on the window sill." I say.

"Jesus how do you do that? I can barely see the house yet you can see both the pies on the window cill. I swear you are superhuman." she says in amazement.