Frozen Love

We all stood in silence for a couple seconds, looking in absolute horror at the Doctor. "The Zygon, is melting out of cryostat?" Wilbur said in shock. "Yes, and when it wakes up, it's not going to be pretty." The Doctor responded, straightening his mouth into a line and looking at the melting Zygon. "Well why don't we just take it back to the cryochamber? If we get it there in time it won't melt, right?" Jim asked the Doctor.

Suddenly, a giant crack splintered across the front of the ice casing. "Something tells me we don't have that much time." The Doctor said, backing away from the case. Another huge crack sliced through the ice and he reached over and grabbed my hand. More and more cracks cut through the ice and finally the Doctor shouted, "Run!"

We all took off down a row of wax figures as chunks of ice fell to the floor and water splashed everywhere. We were almost to the door when we heard an ear-shattering roar and thundering footsteps coming in our direction, and fast. We ran out into the hallway away from the spongy beast chasing after us.

"How do we stop it?" I called to the Doctor as we ran, our hand still tightly gripping each other's. "I don't know," The Doctor responded. "First we have to figure out what it wants."

The Doctor stopped and pulled me into a room on the left, Jim and Wilbur closely following. He closed the door and we waited as we heard the Zygon's thundering footsteps pass us and fade into the distance.

"Okay, that should buy us some time." The Doctor said as he locked the door and flipped on the lights in the room. Screens featuring views from all of the rooms in the museum flickered above a table with papers scattered across it. "I take it this is the security room?" The Doctor asked, sitting down in one of the swivel chairs by the table and giving it a spin. "Yeah, the security guys went home about an hour ago, and we were supposed to finish cleaning and lock up."

"But you didn't." The Doctor pointed out. Jim waved his arms at him, an exasperated look on his face. "Yeah, do you know how hard it is to clean a whole museum with only two people?" He asked, frustrated. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." The Doctor said, putting his hands up in defeat.

"Hey, what's that?" I asked, pointing to one of the screens on the wall showing a door with multiple complicated locks on it. "Oh, that's where we keep the other Zygon." Wilbur said, matter-of-factly. "You have another Zygon?" The Doctor asked, his eyes practically bulging out of his head. "Yeah, we have a male and a female. The male was the one on display."

A look of realization appeared on the Doctor's face and he stood up, walking over to Jim and Wilbur and shaking their hands, before walking over to me and kissing me on the top of my head, a big grin on his face. "What? What is it?" I asked him as he walked over to the door. "It's the female!" He said. "What about it?" I asked. "He's looking for the female!" The Doctor said, unlocking and pulling open the door, running out into the hallway.

"Hey! Lover boy! I'm over here!" He shouted, jumping up and down and waving his hands in the air. "Doctor! What are you doing?" I hissed at him. "Helping ol' Romeo out." He responded, smiling at me.

The Zygon turned the corner and looked down the hallway at the Doctor. "There you are! Come on big boy, let's go get your lady!" He shouted. The Zygon ran towards him and he ran down the opposite way. I groaned and ran after them.

They ran down multiple corridors before coming to the locked door. The Doctor sonic-ed it open to reveal another Zygon identical to the first one standing inside. Both of the Zygons turned to look at each other and ran into each other's arms, embracing and puckering and unpuckering their suckers. "What're they doing?" I asked, turning to the Doctor. "I think they're kissing." The Doctor said, grinning. "Now let's get these two lovebirds home."

We led the two Zygons back to the TARDIS and said our goodbyes to Jim and Wilbur. "You two were lovely, never quit this work." The Doctor said, vigorously shaking their hands. "Thank you guys so much, we really appreciated all of your help." I said. "The pleasure was all ours." Wilbur said, smiling at me.

We dropped the Zygons off at their home planet before settling on a grassy meadow in modern New Zealand to relax for a bit.

We lay stretched out on the grass, propped up on our elbows watching the sunset while we reminisced about the adventure we just had. "Well, that was quite the experience." The Doctor said, turning to me and smiling. "It was, wasn't it?" I responded, watching the sun droop below the distant mountains.

"I have a request." I said, looking over at the Doctor. "My suggestion box is open." He replied. "I love going on crazy adventures with you, but can we hold up on the crazy for a little bit and just adventure for a while?"

He thought for a minute before responding. "Well, that's a complicated answer. I mean, there's no way of telling which adventures with turn out crazy or not. For example, I didn't intend us going to the wax museum to turn into some wacky mission to reunite two lost lovers." I laughed.

He turned to look at me, reaching over and slipping his hand into mine. "But I promise, I will try my hardest to only take us on pleasant adventures for a while." He smiled at me, staring deeply into my eyes. "Thank you," I said, returning the smile. "No Bella, thank you for agreeing to travel with me."

We stared into each other's eyes for a minute before looking back up at the sky. "Look!" The first star!" I said, pointing up at the night sky. "Make a wish." The Doctor said, lying down in the grass. I snuggled in next to him, laying my head on his shoulder and wrapping my arms around his body. He put his arm around me and I whispered my wish, "I wish that we could travel together forever." The Doctor kissed me on the top of my head and whispered back, "I do too, Bella. I do too."