Another Bad Boy Story: Alternative Chapter

So...this is my entry for the Another Bad Boy Story alternative chapter competition by @ReadWriteSing16 (hence the reason it’s dedicated to her, teehee). I suppose you could read this as a one shot, where Niall has another personality that tries to beat up Zayn.

I usually write in third person’s POV, so hopefully whoever’s reading this can adjust from the first person.

~Q

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Third person POV

Liam glanced swiftly at Danielle, who was lying on his shoulder. Niall’s words were still ringing in his ears. Go back to your slut of a girlfriend Niall had said. How dare he say that to Danielle? It wasn’t her fault her mother had a terminal illness. He would’ve done the exact same thing if he was in her position.

He just wished Niall could be more understanding. They were best friends. Were. Now he was expected to watch Niall fight Zayn. There was no way the blonde boy was going to win. Zayn was just too strong. Even if, somehow Niall had managed to get Zayn pinned to the ground, then one of Zayn’s gang were bound to step in. He just hoped he wasn’t the one Zayn would force to fight Niall. Danielle was the love of his life. So why couldn’t Niall understand? Maybe he would’ve understood if he’d even been in love.

“Liam, time to go.” Danielle said, getting up.

Liam understood exactly what she meant.

...

Zayn had realised Niall was acting strange, and so had the others. Well, of course you wouldn’t be acting normal if you were just about to face the person who had beat you up, made a friend betray you for their boyfriend, and made another friend betray you for their girlfriend. But this strangeness was a type of indescribable feeling. Niall seemed scared, yet confident. Then he seemed to become fearful, then almost happy. It just wouldn’t stop changing. It was beginning to scare Zayn a little. He’d never seen anyone become affected so much. Usually, they gave up, crying for mercy, and willing to do exactly what Zayn wanted. The harder ones soon realised fighting was useless. Zayn wished Niall would soon. Wait, Zayn Malik wishing for something to happen? Impossible. It was going to happen. There was no need to wish.

Surprising, Niall spoke first.

“Zayn.”

It came out cold.

“Niall.”

There was a moment as they glared at each other, where everything felt still apart from a small breeze running past them. Liam watched with fear for what would happen, whilst Harry hoped the Irish boy wasn’t going to end up in hospital, or worse. Louis could feel the guilt slowly eat at him. It could partially be counted as his fault. ‘Doing it for Harry’ was no longer becoming an acceptable excuse. Niall knew his other personality kept disappearing and reappearing. It wasn’t helping. He was literally building confidence and tearing it down immediately himself. Yet he managed to keep a cold glare.

C’mon! Hit that bitch already!

Niall could feel his glare already weakening. Still, he kept standing there, hoping for a miracle, a sudden change of weather – anything to stop this fight. He knew he loved the feeling of watching someone in pain. The look of surprise in their eyes when they realised it was the innocent, Irish blonde that had just hit them. But it wasn’t Niall; it was another person who had entered Niall’s mind during his most vulnerable moment. Now it was refusing to go away.

Fine. You weak little thing. Guess I’ll have to help you

Suddenly, Niall felt his body lunge forward towards Zayn. His first punch was blocked by a swift arm movement from Zayn – but the person inside Niall instantly moved his leg, kneeing Zayn straight in the stomach. Zayn clutched his stomach, although he immediately realised Niall was going to use another move, and tried again to block. But he was too late. Niall’s fist had already connected with Zayn’s jaw.

See ya.

Niall’s eyes returned to crystal blue, his pupils tiny from shock. What had he done?

He dared to look at Zayn, whose eyes were on fire from fury.

“How dare you...” he growled. Niall’s breath hitched. He was...Niall again. There was no way he could fight back.

Zayn slowly took steps towards Niall, one hand on his stomach and the other touching his jaw. All Niall could do was walk backwards, until he felt Zayn stop.

For the next few seconds, he saw his life flash before his eyes. He saw a young boy being mercilessly whipped by his father. Wait! This wasn’t Niall’s life! The young boy turned into a teenager, crying over his mother, dead, in a pool of her own blood. He looked strangely familiar. Was it? No, it couldn’t be! Zayn...?

Before he saw any more, he felt his head on cold, concrete floor, his eyes open only enough to see Zayn staring at him. Gasps left the mouths of the audience.

“Finish him.” He heard Zayn say to someone. That person argued back, refusing to, but soon cut himself off. If only Niall were conscious enough to make out who it was.

“I’m sorry...” he heard, before something connected with his nose, and he blacked out.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

How was it? Constructive criticism happily accepted! Wish me luck on the completion! And have fun reading all the other crackfics/one-shots I will soon post :)