War

We woke up on the hard floor with a few kids still snoring. One girl was up, she had obviously cleaned up and was taking a spade outside.
"Excuse m-" I started but she spun and around and said "Trench. I'm gunna make a trench. We need to prepare." and she stormed out, her knotty brown hair gushing behind her.
I nudged a weary Blaze to follow, Misty was wedged behind a wooden bench and Elspeth was...I don't even know.

We picked up a rusty shovel each from a cupboard and walked after her. She just started digging a deep hole which would obviously spread around the whole warehouse.

"Supplies are ready." She stated, "Harvey's...gone."
She smiled weakly. But my organs dropped, I killed someone? He was on our side too.
Just as I began to sniff tears the girl spoke up, "I know what you're thinking. But I guess you should know that I found a badge in his pocket. He was on their side the whole time."
I sighed with relief but she wasn't finished.
"That means, they know where we are."
"So, that's how that dude found us." Stated Blaze. "Do we have to move?"
"No." She clearly sparked, " We pick a new leader and wait for them. Then it's war."
My heart sank, again. War. It rang in my head like machine gun fire. I just wanted to get a good job and a stable life. But no. I had to be "special". I had to be something that the government wanted wiped out. I channeled all my anger, my sadness, all my emotions into my hands. I dug and dug until the whole group of children and teenagers were digging by my side. I looked up and the sun was setting, I looked down and my hands were covered in blisters and cuts. I looked around and there was a ten-foot deep trench surrounding the warehouse. I looked up again and black helicopters swarmed, making a sky with no sun.

A/N

Sorryyyyy. I'm sorry for such a short chapter but I haven't updated in ages sooooo I thought I'd just update it as it is. I had a writer's block on basically everything but this one has cured I guess 😂 once again I'm sorry