Chapter 17

Chase had fallen asleep hours ago but my mind continued to race long after our blissful time together. I stared up at the ceiling for a long while, listening to the rain pattering on the window before getting out of bed. Wait a second. Rain? I picked up Chase's pajama shirt and pulled it over my head as I walked over to the bedroom window. It was somewhat calming knowing the darkness was a constant thing here. I examined the drops as they raced down the window. That's strange. If the city in underground how is there rain? I shrugged and dismissed the thought. I like it when it rains, it is so calming.

I thought back to the events that took place a few nights ago. The night Dimitri found me, it was raining that night to. I jumped as a rumble of thunder boomed in my ears. This place astounds me. A few seconds later I could feel Chase's lips on my shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled at his embrace. "Can't sleep?" He asked.

I shook my head and grinned, "No."

"Why is that?"

My shoulders rose and fell, "Probably all the excitement."

I felt him smirk against my neck, "How are you feeling?"

I turned to face him and pressed my lips against his, "I'm a little sore... but the good kind or sore... like I just got back from the gym sore."

He chuckled, "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I had no idea." I cocked my head to the side and he elaborated, "That being your first time. I would have thought..."

I could guess how he was going to finish his sentence, "You would have thought what?"

"I would have thought you would have men throwing themselves at you. You should have seen the way the other guys in your mentor group stared at you."

I almost giggled, "They were looking at me?"

He kissed the top of my head, "Why wouldn't they?"

I shrugged, "Well for one Izzy."

He laughed, "Izzy can be... Izzy."

I frowned for a moment, "I hope she is okay. I haven't even heard from her since..."

He gently tugged me back to the bed, "She is fine. I figured you would be worried so I had Chloe check up on her. They hit it off quite nicely actually."

"Can I see her?"

Chase thought for a moment, "I don't see why not. I'm sure she is going nuts without you." He chuckled before picking up his phone. It was a short conversation. He gazed down at me as he placed his phone back on the nightstand, "You look gorgeous in my shirt by the way." I blushed and he continued, "I will have to take it back though if Isabelle is coming over." I pulled it back over my head and he gazed down at me in wonderment, "You really are gorgeous."

I threw his shirt playfully at him, "Don't get any ideas."

He smirked and left a light kiss on my cheek, "I won't, not unless you tell me to." I smiled and collected my pajamas off the floor. Chase is such a gentleman. The doorbell rang a few minutes later.

Izzy didn't even wait until Chase had the door halfway open before she barged in and embraced me in a hug that surely would have suffocated me, "Liz! I am so happy that you are okay. Chloe told me everything that happened and I almost died. Are you okay? How are you doing? Is Chase taking care of you? I will beat him up if he's not!"

I grinned at her fervor, admiring the fact that she looked stunning even though it was the middle of the night, "I'm fine Iz, thanks. It was terrible. They had me locked up in a morgue and they strapped me to a chair. They took my blood... It was terrifying." I peeked over at Chase and a smile spread across my face, "Chase is more than taking care of me, you don't have to beat him up."