Untitled Part 1

I scanned my surroundings in hope of an artistic muse. I love to draw. I was always starting projects here and there and sketching this and that. As I flicked aimlessly through my sketchpad, I glanced towards Todd Andrews. I was made aware from his friend that he's interested. His gaze slowly drifted towards me. I tilted my head and flicked my hair over my shoulder, keeping eye contact. His face turned completely red, he turned away promptly. "How cute" I whispered quietly to myself. The school bell encircled the school abruptly.

Putting the teachers' dreary voice to the back of my mind, I thought to myself. Todd is the best looking guy in our entire school, and ive got him tied around my pinky finger. I giggled, content with this accomplishment. "Ms. Crawley!" the teacher said sharply, piercing my ears with her high pitched tone. She continued to moan and grumble about paying attention in class and punctuality. "Do you understand?" she questioned "yes miss" I replied quickly.

As soon as break began, I caught Todd glimpsing back at me. He edged closer, with a worried look on his face. This is my chance! I thought to myself. I have to establish my image as a weak heroine. Somehow, I managed to force a single empty tear. Todd approached, coolly pulled a chair to the front of my desk and sat down. "You okay?" he asked casually "I'm fine" I replied, sinking into my desk. His eyes sunk like a sad puppy. He stood up and walked away, never uttering a word. A minute later he returned, slamming the door open. I let out a loud sigh, he's hopeless. Yet again, he approached me. He stopped and stood next to me, tapping my shoulder gently. I squinted through teary eyes up at his blurry silhouette. In the course of a minute, my vision cleared up. Damn, I thought to myself, breaking eye contact. All that work making tears for nothing, they dried up before he could see them properly. "Faye" I could hear someone call me, I had zoned out. "Faye" It was Todd calling me. "Yes" I replied weakly, trying my best to sound distressed. It caught my attention that he was holding a mug in his right hand. "Oh, this?" he signalled, I looked down at my feet, suddenly wanting tea. He handed the mug to me sweetly. I thanked him and grinned eagerly, this will be an easy win.