Chapter 28: The Surprise (Final Chapter)

“Have fun next year being a senior if everyone makes it to be a senior” The teacher laughed. You can tell he was singling out the kids in the class. Everyone was waiting for the bell to ring for the start of a new summer. But it seemed like it was taking forever.

      “We have a few announcements before we dismiss you for summer break.” Everyone groaned. Now we have to wait for the secretary to shut up. “That is all, Have a good summer” A few seconds passed before the final bell rang. Everyone ran out of the room and out the door in a second. I waited for Jayden to get out of his classroom.

      “Summer again” He smiled. I smiled back at him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked out of the high school. “Can you believe we’re going to be seniors next year?

      “I know it’s crazy” I frowned. I didn’t mean to though. The only reason I frowned was because I know Elias will be moving out in a little.

      “So what are your plans for summer?” Jayden asked when we got to his car.

      “Maybe we should go somewhere this summer. I don’t want to stay home all summer”

      Jayden’s eyes lit up. “Do you want to go to Maine with me?”

      “To see your sister?” I asked.

      “Yeah, every time I go down there and talk about you she wants to see you more and more.” He smiled.

      “Wow cool” I smiled.

      “So do you want to drive up there with me? It’s only a 10 hour drive” Jayden laughed.

      I felt my jaw drop, “Only!”

      “Well its long but it will give us something to do” He smiled.

      “Okay I’ll ask my mom.” I got out of the car and walked into the house. Jayden fallowed. “Hey mom do you think me and Jayden can drive up to Maine to see his older sister?”“Maine?” My mom’s jaw dropped. “Are you going to be able to drive that far?”

      “Well I can drive and Scarlett can drive we can take turns” Jayden said walking up behind me.

      “Where are you getting the money for the gas?”

      “I can tap into my college fund again, my parents have been adding to it since I was born.”

      “Don’t you want to go to college?” My mom asked. I gulped. My mom was always a school freak. If Jayden says he doesn’t want to go to college I don’t know what she will do”.

      I elbowed Jayden before he can say something wrong. “So can we?” I asked to get her mind off the subject.

      “I guess Scarlett but you better come back home if anything happens or call me” She said.

      I smiled. “Thanks mom” Jayden and I walked up stairs.

      “We can stay there for a while my sister will show us around. They have beaches but even in June and July the water is cold”

      “That sucks” I laughed.

      We waited a few weeks before we left. We wanted to go to the beach and hang out with a few friends before we stayed a month in Maine. We were all packed the car was full of gas and his sister was okay that we were coming. I can’t wait to see Chase his nephew.

      “Mom, where leaving” I smiled hugging her.

      “Do you have everything you need?” She asked. We both nodded our heads. “Okay have fun” She smiled. Jayden grabbed his keys and we walked out to his car.