Chapter 11 - Because Of You

***WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS ALCOHOL USE, ABUSE, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND SELF-HARM AND THIS MIGHT BE TRIGGERS TO SOME READERS. I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO READ WITH CAUTION. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**

Jaxon's POV

I'm on the back of Damian's motorcycle for about 10-15 minutes. "Why are we going into Augusta?" I shout over the wind.

"Because I live here." He answers pulling into a driveway of a little brick house. He gets off the motorcycle and helps me off. I unbuckle the helmet and try to pry it off my head gently. I wince but I finally get it off, and I hand it to Damian.

"Why do you go to Andover High, but you live in Augusta?" I ask.

"I got kicked out. And no I'm not telling you why."

"Oh."

"Come on, let's go inside. My mom can help. She was a nurse." Damian says as he pulls me along with him.

"Mom! I'm home!" He shouts as he closes the door.

"Damian Nicholas, I know for a fact school is not over. What in God's name are you doing here?' A woman's voice sounds from the kitchen. "Don't make me get the wooden spoon-" she cuts off as she comes around the corner and sees me. "Oh, my heavens. Come in, come in!" she says and pulls me to the couch. She disappears back into a hallway and rustling and banging is heard. She comes back out minutes later holding a first aid kit, an ice pack, and some q-tips.

"Damian, go put this in the microwave for two minutes." She demands while tossing Damian the ice pack. He rushes to his mother's command. Two minutes later he comes back out and sets the pack on the coffee table.

"Mom, this is Jaxon." Damian introduces me. "Jaxon, this is my mom, Melissa."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Hedrick," I say quietly.

"Oh no, no." she waves her hand, "My last name is Johns. And, please, call me MJ, dear." She says getting out the ointment from the first aid. She puts some on her hand and starts to massage it on the swollen part of my face. I flinch at her touch and she pulls her hand back. "Darlin', I won't hurt you. I promise you that." She says, with a hint of southern tone seeping into her words. I nod and scoot closer to her. She continues to rub the crème on my swollen face.

Damian comes and sits on the other side of me, and he grabs my hand. He runs his thumb across the top of my hand soothingly.

"Do you want to tell me what happened, and what sick bastard did this to such a pretty face?" MJ asks. I violently shake my head 'no.'

"I-I can't." My voice cracks.

"Okay, that's alright. Tell me when you are ready." She says kindly. And she hands me the pack to put on my face.

"Dami! Dami!" A child's voice sounds from the back of the small house. I hear two sets of feet rushing towards the living room. A little blonde haired, blue eyed girl comes in the lead, her curls bouncing as she runs. Right on her heels is another child; a boy with matching blonde hair and blue eyes. Damian lets go of my hand, I immediately miss the warmth of it. I smile, though, as I watch him grab the two and flip them on his shoulders. "Gotcha!" he says as they giggle uncontrollably. This causes me to smile, but I wince as it stretches the swollen parts.

"Oooh, you brought a girl home!" the little girl says, noticing me on the couch. Damian lets the two down and the girl says, "What happened to your face?"

"Delilah!" both Damian and MJ yell.

"Sorry."

"Jaxon, these are my sister and brother, Delilah and Duke, also known as 'Thing 1' and 'Thing 2.'"