Chapter 1: The Night By The River

(( thanks for reading Differentwish's Wish it would encourage me to make updates to the book faster if you would comment and rate on the book also if you want to see Different(wish)'s theme song see YouTube video above ))

Different woke up and yawned he stood up but clumsily fell back down. Then he spread out his tiny legs then stood up awkwardly why did I have to be blind he asked himself. He sniffed the warm new-leaf air he smelled his mother Mint coming towards him with two Mice. Once she placed the tasty mice down he ate in tiny bites hungrily.

" Time for a bath ," meowed Mint

" Aww right now " chirped Different

" Yes now " she answered picking up Different by the scruff and took him to the river which had warm water flowing down to the big lake.

Different stood in the lake as his mother washed him carefully. Different loved his mother she was the only cat that cared so much for him. His father a housecat named Grasshopper abbondened him and Mint because he didn't want a kit, especially a blind one his mother always said
" Nothing matters about a cat except their personality. "

Different smelled a different scent then his mother and the forest but another cat. " Give me my kit " says a she-cats voice hissing then smelled blood knowing his mother has been attacked at. " Run Different as far away from here as you cat " called his mother as he ran but knew he could never leave his mother and hid inside brambles listening to the scene in the river.

Different sunk in as the smell of death went upon him he knew his mother lost because a few heartbeats later she snarled coldly " where are you kit come to mommy "

Different found a small rabbit hole and jumped and hid down their feeling her foot steps get closer, and closer, and closer. The old rabbit burrow collapsed on top of Different packing him with dirt he found a small hole to breathe out of, but a rock fell and him in the head and he passed out.

Different woke up in the burrow he got up and sniffed the air no sign of the she-cat but he did smell his dead mother. He ran to her and started to cry into her tortoiseshell fur. He soon got the idea to bury her and went next to the river and dug as much as he could until he felt hunger fall before him.

He didn't know how to hunt but he sure knew his herbs and made a small traveling herb. He ate it even though it tasted bad he was pretty used to it, because whenever hunger fell before his mother and him they ate traveling herbs. Different dug and dug he smelled the she-cat coming again and jumped in small hole he made for sleeping or emergencys. He waited for what felt like ages.

He got up after her scent went away and started to dig again. Different after days of digging he started to haul his mother's body in the hole then dug her up after licking her cheek one last time.

(( sad ending of the chapter but hope you liked it ))