Of mad beginnings and mad endings.

(Jade's POV)

3 am.

That was us.

Ungodly.

Relentless.

Jade heaved several sighs, laid on her side, facing the other woman beside her with a distant gaze.

"Do you still remember what you would always tell me, Althea? You say... Someday... This fucked up universe will reward you for your kindness. For your courage. Some reward huh?" Jade continued. "This universe of yours sure knows a way to pay back in a fuckingtastic way."

Jade let out a light chuckle, a small tear finally escaped the corner of her eyes. "I used to think happiness was just a fantasy until I met you."

"Althea... They say... We choose our home. I... chose you." It was a gentle knock on the door that snapped Jade away from her thoughts.

"Ama?" Jade's voice faltered. She remained still, aware of her grandmother's heavy stares burning holes at her back.

"I know what you're going to say, Ama. I don't want to." Jade said with a faint voice. She held a sniff. She had to.

Jade's hands have gone pale. She must have held Althea's hands too tight. The red markings on the side of her face was still evident, with all the time she spent laying on Althea's side... Here on Althea's wooden floor.

Althea's room reeked of aged coffee, scattered limp bubble wraps and yellow-stained photographs. Jade did not miss the old birthday candles piled in a box at a corner beside her stack of rain-scented books. Barely sneaking out of the drawer, she caught a glimpse of their old Mini Cooper's deformed car plate. A little more to the right, Jade saw their jackets folded hastily. These were the same old blue Abercrombie jackets they used to wear whenever Althea would drive her to different places during their morning drives.

"What were you hoping to find, Althea?"Jade mused.

"I'm sorry my Jade... The medical examiners declared it suicide... They need to take Althea."

"I know..."

"I am so sorry my apo. I tried to buy you more time but..."

"It's okay. It's not your fault, ama..."

Althea's room reeked of mad beginnings.

"Where is home now... Althea?"

And endings.