1 • Informing

AN: takes place towards the beginning of season 16. Olivia was kidnapped and the whole Lewis thing did happen, but because of it, she was not able to foster Noah. Olivia is extremely depressed over the fact. Munch and Cragen did leave, but they came back after Olivia was unable to old down the fort. Nick and Amanda work at SVU now.

•••

"What do we have here?" Olivia asked her good friend, Melinda Warner, who was also the ME.

"There's fluids, so she went to you. Strangulation ligatures at the neck. I'm ruling it a rape-homicide."

"Do we know who she is?" Nick Amaro, Olivia's partner, asked.

"No ID, wallet, phone. Nothing," someone from CSU informed the detectives.

"Time of death, I'm putting at around 7PM tonight," the ME decided.

Olivia bent down and moved the sheet from off their victim's face. When she realized she recognized the girl, she dropped the sheet and stood up with a gasp. This wasn't just some victim. It was a girl very close to her heart, some years ago.

"Sarg?" Nick asked as Olivia went white.

"H-Her name is...Li...z..." she uttered before she collapsed backwards.

"Liv!" Melinda and Nick both said, rushing to catch her. Nick got her just in time.

"What did she say?" Nick asked. "Liz?"

Just then, Melinda realized something. She thought she knew this face, but couldn't put a name to it. "Liz. Lizzie. Good lord," she breathed.

"Who's Lizzie?" Nick asked, still so confused.

"Lizzie. Elizabeth Stabler."

Stabler? Nick thought. Why do I recognize that name?

"Who..."

"Olivia's old partner. That's one of his daughters."

Nick was shocked. He had only ever heard a little about this Stabler partner. He knew that he and Olivia were extremely close. And he had left the unit without even telling her. She had a hard time trusting Nick because of it.

Just then, Olivia's eyes fluttered open. "Uhhh?" she moan-asked. "What happened?"

"You fainted," Nick explained.

"Why?"

"Honey," Melinda said quietly, all three still on the ground. "Do you know the vic?"

She gave Melinda a confused look but then remembered, nearly busting out in tears. "It's Lizzie! She...She was only 15!"

"Shhh, Liv, calm down. It's gonna be okay."

Nick got her partner to her feet and they went back to the precinct. Melinda took Lizzie with her to the morgue.

Detective Amaro didn't know what to do. Olivia was pacing in circles around the bullpen, mumbling to herself, though she couldn't figure out what she was saying. He'd seen this once before, when he was told she could no longer be a foster mother to baby Noah. She was heartbroken.

"Liv, I-"

"Be quiet!" she exclaimed, only stopping her feet to give him her famous Benson stare-down. Then she continued on her way. Luckily, now, she was speaking clearly enough for Nick to understand.