[ the place only you and i share ]

[ ch. 47 ]
[ the place only you and i share ]
By ashtxnirwined
AO3

-~-~-~-

Life kind of sucked for Ashton. He'd constantly have to move from place to place due to his dad's work, and so he never really had friends. He didn't really see the point in making them to be honest. And it wasn't like people were queuing up to be friends with him. He ignored people, and people ignored him. It was an unspoken rule that applied to Ashton and the rest of the world. People just naturally stayed away from him. He didn't know why, and if he was honest, he didn't really care.

And so when an incredibly tall boy with immaculate hair and piercing blue eyes came up to him on his first day, Ashton was surprised to say the least. He felt a tap on his shoulder, turned around, and crashed into an extremely hard chest.

"Easy there mate."

Ashton looked up, and blushed as the boy looked at him. It wasn't as if Ashton liked him, but anyone would blush if they were being scrutinized by an incredibly hot male specimen. Ashton wasn't sure how long he stood there with his eyes to the ground, avoiding the boy's gaze. He stood still, and was frozen under the stare, until the same voice snapped him out of it.

"You're the new kid, right?"

Ashton looked up and met the boy's eyes. He stammered out a quick 'yeah'.

"Are you going to tell me your name, or just stand there?"

Ashton mentally face-palmed. It was the first time anyone had ever come up to speak to him, and he was ruining it within five seconds of meeting the person.

"Er yeah sorry. I'm Ashton."

"Nice to meet you Ash. Can I call you that? I'm going to call you that. I'm Luke, and those two idiots over there are Calum and Michael," said Luke. He turned around to point to two tall boys, one with extremely tan skin, and one with extremely bright hair.

Are all boys in this school just incredibly attractive? Ashton felt extremely out of his limit. From what he had seen and from the amount of stares he and Luke had been getting, the three were the popular boys. Ashton wasn't used to this. Ashton was a wallflower, and was quite happy being one. To go from being invisible to being the most talked about at school was strange and overwhelming, especially because he was in front one of the most attractive boys he'd ever seen. Ashton realised that he still hadn't even given Luke a reply, and Luke, as a result, was staring at him with an amused expression on his face.

"Yeah, you can call me Ash, yeah that's okay and yeah it's nice to meet you too."

Ashton felt as though he was really screwing this up. He said 'yeah' about fifty times in the space of two minutes, and his brain to mouth connection was clearly tripping.

"Well come on then, we have English together right now".

Luke grabbed Ash's hand and pulled him towards Calum and Michael.

Ashton stopped moving for a second.

"Wait, Luke, er how do you know my timetable?"

Luke laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing pink, and his hand reaching up to scratch the back of his neck.

"I, er"

Luke stammered, not wanting Ashton to know that he'd seen him walk in. Luke had then immediately gone to the office and pretended to be his assigned tour guide, and obtained a copy of his timetable. Luke acted on impulse. Thinking about his actions had never been a strong point for him, and so when he'd seen the new boy walk in, all rationality went out the window. With his curly hair pushed from his face by a bandana, and his hazel eyes literally shining, Luke had to do something to have an excuse to meet him.