Y

Micheal's eyes slowly opened, his sleepy gaze fixed on the ceiling. He groaned,due to the bright light in the room and the crick in his neck from sleeping on the couch. Micheal sat up, his wild, messy hair falling into his eyes. Hushed voices were outside of the door.

      "Ashton, what if she never hears the song? All of this would be for nothing," Calum wondered. Micheal moved closer to the door to hear the secret conversation. Ashton sighed, not knowing what to do.

      "I honestly don't know. Who knows, maybe she will accidentally hear one of the songs on the radio one day. Maybe he will get over her. I don't know. We just need to make sure he is okay," Micheal faintly smiled,the boys always tried to cheer him up.

      "We can't even say her name without him having a panic attack. I don't think he will get over her anytime soon,"Calum argued.  Ashton was about to say something when Luke butted into the conversation.

      "If we were to find her and explain what he is going through, then maybe they can work it out together. Maybe if he sees her, something will change in him. All we need to do is get these songs together and make sure she will hear them."Luke determined. Micheal shoved open the door, surprising his three friends.

      "I appreciate how much you guys care, but I can't, I can't be fine until she at least hears how sorry I am," Micheal tells them, tears starting to well in his eyes. Three pairs of arms wrapped around him, comforting him as he sobbed. 

Micheal had a blank page in front of him, a blank canvas for the next song he was going to write. Luke was seated next to him, a thoughtful look on his face. Micheal looked over at him.

      "You know, sometimes I wish I  would suddenly wake up with amnesia so I could forget everything I miss about her.Her touch, her laugh, the way she smiled at me, how she looked when she said goodbye. I just want to escape the memories," He explained. Luke's eyes got wide, a smile stretching on his face.

      "Micheal, that would make an amazing chorus," Luke told his friend. The duo smiled at each other and began thinking of versus to put in the song.

      "I drove by all the places......" Micheal wrote down. Luke thought for a moment" We used to hang out getting wasted," He added. Micheal nodded, writing it down on the page.

"I thought about our last kiss the way it felt, the way it tasted," Micheal looked at Luke, seeing if it would work in the song. Luke nods and writes it on the page. 

After finishing the first verse, they began writing the chorus.

"I'm leaving," She tells him. Luke wipes the black tears off of her cheeks. He looks at her with saddened eyes.

"Why are you leaving? Is it something I did. I'm sorry for telling your ex off but he deserved it,"Luke tries to reason with her.

"It's not that. She left Micheal and I'm going with her, to make sure she doesn't get in trouble," She explained to him. He shook his head, getting angry.

"So you're just going to leave your dreams behind, all our wishes about everything, for her. She is like your sister,I understand, but she made her choice. She left. That doesn't mean you have to go protect her," Luke almost shouts. She looked at him, eyes filled with tears once again.

      "I asked to go with her," Those words broke Luke's heart.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the make-up running down your face. And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made," Luke wrote down on the page, saying the words as he does so.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I can never escape. Cause I'm not fine at all," Micheal added, writing down the words as he went. 

Micheal looks down at his phone, seeing the photo of her, smiling and laughing. A text was under it.
"I love you babe" it read. He stared down at the words that haunted him. 

"You left me, now I'm lost and very alone. I hope you know that," Micheal whispers to the photo. Just as he was about to click out of his text messages, he accidentally hit Calum's name. His eyes scanned over the messages.

"Hey Mikey, how are you doin?"

"Hey, you missed band practice."

"Wanna go to a party with us?"

"Why won't you leave your room?"

"Don't take this out on us."

"Why are you not around ever?"

Micheal sighed, knowing that there was probably no point in trying to win her back. It hurt him to know that she was probably happy and that she probably already moved on from him.His phone  began to ring.

"What Calum?" Micheal asks his friend, annoyed with that fact that he doesn't understand that he is hurting. 

"Just because she left doesn't mean you can quit being alive. A-"

"Do not say her name. You don't know how much it hurts to hear it," With that, Micheal hung up on Calum.

      "The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone. I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone. And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around. It hurts to know your happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on.It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long," Micheal added to the growing song.

     "It's like we never happened, was it just a lie? If what we had was real how could you be fine? Cause i'm not fine at all," Luke sang out. Micheal nodded at it.

      "That fits good with it. Anything else that should go in it?" Micheal asks.A voice comes from the door way.

      "If today I woke up with you right beside me, like all of this was just some twisted dream,I'd hold you closer then I ever did before, and you'd never slip away and you'd never hear me say. Then you can add the chorus," Ashton tells them. They look up and nod.

      "Thanks. So what all did you hear of it?" Luke asks as Ashton sits down on the floor in front of the couch.

      "All of it. I think it should be called amnesia," He states. The two boys nod to their older friend.

After they put the song together, they decided to go out and get food. Micheal sat down at the booth while the others went up and ordered the food. He sat back and looked at the different people. Who here has experienced heart break?Has someone ever left them? Did they ever try and get them back? 

Micheal laughed out loud, at himself of course. Only a heart broken Micheal Clifford would was such serious questions after looking at people who were eating at Maccas.