Chapter One

"Aren't you gonna get late?" Mom stood at my doorway, her arms crossed over her chest.

She had finally allowed me to go for a party. I am not the sneaky type of person. Instead, I always ask and this time my discipline paid off.

"Hurry up before I change my mind." She smiled evilly.

"I am trying my best."

My hair was not yet done. I wasn't sure of how to put it. I had a curling iron in one hand and a flat iron in the other.

"What do you think mom?"

"Curl it." She said walking towards me.

She took the curling iron and I let the master set to work. My mom is good at styling. One reason why my hair is always neat is because before I leave the house she has to complement about it. Not that she is a hairdresser or any of that sort.

She curled the lower parts of my hair. She took a hairband from my vanity table and tied my hair up in a pony tail, leaving the curled part hanging. A few strands were left at the front, which she curled and let them fall to the side of my face.

"That's more like it." She said admiring me through the mirror. "You remind me of my days. When-"

"Okay! Am off."

I interrupted because I knew if she started that story, it would never end. And I mean never. I rushed out of the house. I was shocked I didn't break my legs in the heels I wore.

Ariana's car was parked on our driveway. Ariana and I have been best friends for a while now. She moved to town two years ago. She lives in her own house because her parents travel a lot. Shocking thing is that she lives with noone.

Weird, huh?

I opened the door. Whenever she picked me, she left the door unlocked so that I could just enter.

Ariana, though, wasn't at the driver's seat. I sat at the front feeling a bit awkward. I closed the door and looked around for a sign of any girl with blonde hair with pink highlights. She probably saw a hot guy and started using her charm.

I took out my phone to call her but before I pressed the dial button, I heard a moan from the back.

"Please don't tell me you two-"

"About to. That's if you hadn't come now." A familiar male voice said.

I span around to see who it was.

"Kieran, it just had to be you."

"Why? You jealous?" He said and Ariana giggled.

I also knew about Kieran when Ariana moved in. We have been friends but not really close. He is the hot annoying guy you wanna kick his head the whole time. A few times, we hang out the three of us.

I chose to ignore him. "Ariana get your ass here. Who is going to drive if you won't?"

The car keys fell on my laps.

"You are." She said.

"I ain't driving with you two at the back. One of you has to come in front." I said as I crossed to the driver's seat.

"She is definitely jealous." Mason said.

I glared at him through the rare view mirror. He grinned then winked at me. All I did was shake my head slowly still shooting daggers at him. He chuckled before whispering something in Ariana's ear.

Kieran had pale blue eyes and hazel brown hair. He had a square jaw. His shoulders were broad and his arms were muscular.

Ariana sat beside him, his arm over her shoulders. She leaned her head on him. Her hand was entwined with his other hand.