Chapter 1

Rainfall

  In the cold breeze of December Jamie stood at the corner of the sreet in tinkeling rain.A 5'0 17year old freshman waiting for her brother and his girlfriend along with his girlfriend's friend.Of course he was late,why wouldn't he be?Her hoodie was begining to soak through as well as her tight jeans.The shirt underneath was thin and she would get soaked if it rained any harder.

"Godamnit Alan,can't you get here any faster?"

Jamie sighed and sought shelter under the cafe across the street,good thing she did to,as she was walking the rain began to pick up,as she closed the cafe door smells of coffe and little cakes filled her freckled nose.She sniffed and took off her hoodie and threw it over her right shoulder walking to a little booth in the back and pulling out her phone and raising a brow at the text she recieved

'Hey,um I'm the friend your brothers briging along...um where are you at? :/ '

"Fuck..."

Replying that shes across the street from wheres shes suppose to be and by the Cafe,she continued sitting watching the rain flow down the window as she let her red hair down from its pony tail and rolled her shoulders.Maybe about 15minutes later she felt a tap on her shoulder and she quickly turned to see who it was.She didn't recongnize the girls face and she looked away back to the window.

"You are?"

"...Your'e his sister...He's parked outside.."

And with that the girl with white hair walked out of the door without a second glance to Jamie.Ultimately Jamie stood and stretched dropping her hoodie on the seat of the booth and walked out and around the corner to see her brother's caravan parked just outside of the corner.She rushed inside and sucked in a breath of cool A.C air as she saw the white haired girl staring out of the window attempting to make conversation with anyone she leaned back into her chair and sighed.

"You were late again."

"Yeah,I'm sorry.." Alan said with a out as he drove onto the streets with the windows up and the window wipers in action. "Sharly wasn't ready when I went to pick her up"

"Oh,hey by the way.."Jamie nodded and waved a bit to his girlfriend,she seemed nicer than his last and wouldn't attempt to hurt Jamie,well seemed that way."...So.."

"Im Opal..."The white haired girl spoke up Alan basically gasped as he glanced to them in the back and shrugged looking back to the road.Didn't know where Alan was taking them all,she was glad to be outta the house though.

"Opal,nice name..I'm Jamie.."

"Yeah,your'e brother told me.."

"Oh.."She refused to look at Jamie again,thinking that was quite rude she decide to sit in silence and look out the window as well.

Her thin sweater was lined with dark little bats and a 'BatSignal' on the chest of the shirt,along with skinny jeans and black hightops Jamie was some what cute,all she needed was the self-esteem to be even cuter.She thought about the other girl Opal and what she wore..Black skinny jeans,a jeans jacket and some dark brown boots.

**

About 15 minutes later the car comes to stop and you could hear a crowd of people,groaning she teared her gaze from the window and huffed up her cheeks.Everyone piled out the car and Opal opened Jamie's door with a blank expression and blinked as Jamie completely falls out and into the sand.'A beach..really Alan?' she thought to herself,standing and dusting herself off while closing her eyes to breathe in that good ol' Kartos air,just couldn't get enough it.Appearently forgeting she was suppose to be spending time with her brother she looked to Opal who stood beside her as she awkwardly shifted and shoved her hands into her own pockets and sighed walking towards the lage crowd of people gathered around a fire,my brother was already there and from the looks of it so was the entire University.