Chapter 5

**EDITED**

KYRA'S POV

      As they rushed out of Midas's palace, it was still raining from Jason's lightning storm. They ran far away, as Jason took out the Venti  to take them somewhere safe. Even with Coach Hedge helping her, it was extremely hard for Kyra  to carry a half golden boy, especially with a deep gash in her stomach from a perverted guy's sword. 

  They grabbed ahold of the Venti and Jason had them carry the odd group to a shallow cave. Leo, by now, had been degoldified and was shaking so much Kyra thought he might break into a million pieces. Piper, however, had not been unfrozen yet so Jason and Kyra had to dip her into the lake while Leo started a fire and Coach Hedge checked him for injuries. 

   Jason and Kyra carried Piper down to a lake a little further away from the cave than Kyra would have liked, but she still helped, ignoring the pain in her side, in order to save her new friend. Piper had been there for her since they met and had helped save her, she could not let her down. 

   After they dipped Piper in the water, Jason was then able to carry her back himself. By then Kyra had lost more blood than a demigod should and was beginning to look even more pale than usual. As they entered the cave Kyra stopped short, Jason however did not notice and went to put Piper down.

 Thankfully Leo noticed, and he got Jason and Coach's attention. 

   "Kyra, are you okay?" he asked with concern on his face. 

   Kyra slowly brought her hand to her stomach. When she brought it back up it was covered in blood. She looked up at Leo with wide eyes and Leo looked back. The last thing she saw before she blacked out was Leo quickly running up to her, catching her before she fell, and calling Coach Hedge over.

LEO'S POV

      When Jason and Kyra came back, Jason carrying Piper, who was no longer covered in gold, Leo was extremely relieved. 

   Jason carried Piper over to the cave wall near the fire and laid her down gently. Kyra, however, stopped almost immediately after they entered the cave, looking ashen. Leo, then realized that something was wrong.

      "Kyra, are you okay?" he asked warily. 

   Coach Hedge and Jason both stopped what they were doing and looked at Kyra.  She brought her hand to her side and then slowly brought it back up. When Leo looked, he saw that it was covered in blood. 

   She looked at him in fear and he looked into her terrified eyes. Kyra started to wobble and at that moment Leo forgot that he was freezing, and yanked off the blanket he had on and rushed up to catch Kyra before she fell.

      "Coach!" he yelled out in a panic. 

   Jason and Coach rushed over. Their eyes widened in shock.

      Jason hit his head. "How could I be so stupid!" he yelled. "I saw her get hit with Lit's sword when she was fighting him, but I completely forgot about it!"

      Leo furious now. "You let her fight Lit!" He yelled, anger shining in his eyes, still supporting Kyra. "She didn't even have a weapon, how could you do that!" he screamed.

      Jason was about to yell back when suddenly Coach shouted "Enough! You two aren't going to help the girl if you just sit here arguing!" he yelled angrily. "Now both of you go get ambrosia, nectar, and water for both of the girls!" 

   Leo picked Kyra up, she was extremely light, way lighter than a girl her age should be. Even with Leo being exhausted and recovering from being turned into gold, he was able to pick Kyra up with no problem and lean her against the wall next to Piper. Him and Jason ran off.

      When they returned Coach had Kyra bandaged up and was brewing some sort of magic nature potion for Piper.

      Once he had finished he turned to the boys. "Now both of you make nice while I go get something to chew on!" he shouted.

      Leo turned to Jason "Sorry I yelled at you man, I thought you just let Kyra fight Lit on her own."

      Jason looked offended "I would never have done that, when Lit knocked me down Kyra charged him with twin daggers and he grabbed her wrists. He was able to cut her side before I got up again." he explained.

      "Oh," Leo said shamefully, looking down. "I didn't know, sorry, I just didn't like the way he looked at her."

      "Me neither," Jason said. "You should have seen her though, when he grabbed her wrist he asked her to stop fighting so she could be with him," Leo looked crestfallen. "But then she cut his wrist and told him to go to Tartarus and managed to cut his cheek up good too."

      Leo smiled and looked relieved. "Good, that prick deserved it." 

      They looked at the girls. "You take Piper, I'll take Kyra?" he asked.

      "Sure," Jason smiled. They went to sit by the girls until Coach Hedge came back.