one-

one-

"I don't understand why you hate me!", I exclaim to my father. "Sage. Please. You're not even going away, they are coming here.", he explains. "You've left me alone weeks at a time before! Why is this time different!", I say. "One, this is the whole year and two, the parties you have are over the top!", he replies. "Well, that's your fault for raising an over the top daughter.", I huff.

"It's settled. They are coming and I gave Georgina all the power to punish you.", my dad was inviting his old friend over and her son to watch after me while he went to do whatever he does.

"Can I at least push my curfew to like 1:30?", I question. "It's set at 1.", "1:25?", I negotiate. "1:15.", he retorts. "1:50. Last offer.", I say. "1:25.", I smile at him and shake his hand. "How do you do that?",he questions. I shrug and walk off, my heels were clicking on the floor.

********

It was the next afternoon and I was sat on the bleachers for lunch with my friends, Kimberly, Gage, Holden and Sebastian.

"I just don't understand why the neighbor can't check up on me. If I'm going to be an independent adult, I need the experience.", I complain to them. "I honestly do not want to listen to your problems.", Kim says, "I honestly do not want to see you and Gage grope each other.", I reply, bringing my straw to my lips and drinking my iced tea.

"Maybe it won't be so bad.", Sebastian says. "Ugh, please.", I roll my eyes at him. "Why don't you come over! I don't want to be stuck with the getting to know.", I say. "As much as I would love to, I have to babysit.", Kim tells me. "We have a project.", Gage points at Holden and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not going to do any work. So, what's the point if I'm there or not?", he asks. Gage rolls his eyes at him.

"I see Nico!", I squeal, seeing my best classmate walking towards the outside tables. I would walk over there but It was raining earlier and my heels would sink into the muddy grass. I was on Sebastian's back while coming over. "He's alone.", I frown, standing while looking over there. "Go get him, Denny!", I lightly push Holden. "Alright.", he huffs, standing to walk over.

"You just love to command people.", Kim shakes her head at me, "No. People just do the things I tell them to do.", I retort, watching as Nico slowly made his way over behind a jogging Holden.

When they made it, I smile at Nico. "Hi, Nico!", "Uh, hey, Sage.", he smiles back awkwardly. "Do you wanna come over later? Holden and Sebastian is going to be there.", I say, "I am?", questions Sebastian. "Yeah. You are. How about you?", I back over to Nico. "Why not?", he retorts. "I'll text you my address-", "Okay, I, uh, have to go somewhere that's not here.", "Well, bye.", I wave at him. He gives a slight way before walking away.

"He's so weird.", Holden says. "He's nice and my friend.", I retort. "He's a nerd.", Holden laughs. "No, Gage is a nerd. You're an ass.", "And you like my ass.", Holden states. "Yes, I really do. ", I say. He has like the perfectly sculptured butt. No lie.

"Lunch is over! Get to class.", one of the coaches yell at us from across the field. "Sebastian, may I have a ride?", I question and he nods, standing on to the grass. I hop on his back when I remember my bag. "Oh-", "I have it.", Holden says, walking past us, my back pack over one shoulder and his over the other.

Kim looks at me and I stick out my tongue on her. "We should get going.", I tell Sebastian and he starts walking.

********

It was later and my dad had left and I was stuck with Georgina and her son, Zaiden. "So, Sage-", "My friends are coming over.", I say, locking my phone after texting Nico. "Oh! Okay. Maybe Zaiden can hang out-", "Mom.", he sighs. "I'm just trying to get you friends!", she puts her arms up in defense. Why did they even come?