Bigby Wolf - 1

Growing up as a Mundie, you've heard all sorts of stories about the fables. When you were younger, your mom always used to read you fairy tales, but were they really just tales? As you got older, you did a lot of research for yourself, flipping through books and trying to scavenge any type of evidence that could prove fables do exist. Unable to find any evidence, you gave up on your childish beliefs, leaving them all in the past. You had come to the conclusion that fables are really just fictional, that is up until 2 days ago when you came across something you knew you could never forget. You were out walking late at night, distracted by your wandering mind when you suddenly realised you had entered an unfamiliar part of town. You knew that you should have instantly turned around and walked back from where you came, however a glowing sign captured your eyes. It was a bar called the Trip Trap. Never hearing of this place before, you approached the window trying to get a closer look at the inside. Peeking through the window, that's when you saw it. At first you thought it was just your eyes playing tricks on you but the longer you stared, the more you realised that it was real. You've heard stories of the big bad wolf, and now you were staring at him in person. You watched as he stepped towards the barkeeper, gulping down a large glass of whiskey which caused him to immediately change into human form. If he were to have walked by you earlier, you would never have been able to guess that the guy was capable of transforming into a wolf. Still staring through the window, he had quickly shifted on his stool, his eyes suddenly meeting yours. His sudden stare caused you to jump back. You had been caught. Before he could get off the chair to confront you, you bolted down the street, back in the direction you came from.

Laying down on your bed, you slowly roll over to reach for your phone, checking what time it is. You had spent 20 minutes reminiscing in your head making it already 10:20am. You pull yourself out of bed and sit on the edge, thinking about what to do today. As much as you know it is a bad idea, you can't help yourself for wanting to go back to where you saw the fable. Thinking about his eyes locking with yours causes a shiver to run through your body. When he first initially looked at you, he had a mean expression, but the longer he stared at you the more it seemed to soften. Since your parents are out of town for the weekend, you decide to go back to the Trip Trap but this time in broad daylight. Before you leave the house, you grab your bag off the floor, hiding a sharp knife in it just in case.

*1 hour later*

Walking down the street, you are close to where the Trip Trap bar is. You look up at each person who walks by you, questioning if there are more fables hidden in the crowd. The closer you get to the Trip Trap, the less populated the streets are. You feel yourself getting nervous and question if you should turn back around but curiosity forces you to keep walking. Picking up the pace now, you sharply turn the corner and accidently run into someone.

"Oops, I'm so sorry that's completely my fault" you say, looking up to see that the person you had run into was him. Your eyes widen in fear and you can't help that your body begins to shake. You can't believe that you are standing just inches away from the big bad wolf. If anyone else was to run into him, they would have just assumed he was a normal human being but you knew better than that. Standing just inches away from him, you are able to get a better look at his features. To your surprise, he was incredibly handsome in his human form but you quickly snap out of it remembering that the man standing before you isn't really human. Before you can say anything or move away from him, he grabs a hold of your arm, pulling you into a dark alley away from where anyone can see. Your heart begins to beat fast, terrified at what he might do. Panic takes over at the thought that he may try to kill you because you know his secret.

"What are you doing? I said I'm sorry." You say trying to act stupid, pulling your arm away from his grip.

"Don't play dumb with me" he replies in a deep husky voice which just further adds to his handsomeness.

"I don't know what you're talking about" you reply, turning around to walk out of the alley. He quickly grabs onto your arm again, spinning you around to face him.

"You were watching me through the window the other night. Does that ring a bell?" he says, still holding onto your arm tightly. His words cause you to look down shyly, embarrassed at the memory of him catching you staring. He lets out a sigh and releases your arm and you gently rub at the area, sore from his tight grip.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you or anything, I just want to know what you were doing there in the first place?" he asks. You look up at him, taking note at how much taller he is than you.

"It was just a coincidence. I was walking by and the big furry wolf caught my attention. It's not my fault" you reply, hoping he doesn't get angry. He lifts his hand up to his face, rubbing at his stubble for a moment before looking back at you.

"Ok, here's what's going to happen. You cannot mention a word about this to anyone, do you understand?" he says, pointing a finger near your face. You quickly nod your head in agreement. "I'm serious" he adds.

"I promise" you say and he moves his hand from his face back down to his side.

"Great. Good talk, and remember, I'll find out about it if you tell anyone" he says, walking past you to leave. You look over your shoulder watching as he makes his way out of the alley.

"Wait" you yell, running after him causing him to stop, barely turning his body to face you. "What's your name? I'm (Y/N)" you ask nervously.

"It's Bigby" he says, pulling out a smoke.

"Bigby.....?" you say, waiting for his last name.

"Wolf. Bigby Wolf" he says, raising an eyebrow at you. "Any more questions?"

"Right, Wolf.... Should have figured" you say and for a second you see a small smirk form on his lips before quickly disappearing.