prolouge

God, do you know all the things I could be doing right now? Playing basketball or playing the piano would be a more valuable use of my time. Not working backstage at this shitty show.

A voice came in on my ear piece. It was my Uncle Mike. "Y/N! Where are you?"

I looked around at my surroundings and smirked to answer him back, "Not where I'm supposed to be."

"Well, I need you to get on the wings of the stage." He said with a rushed, southern slur.

"But y'all said there's no one else that could audition." I groaned.

"Well, there's one more girl. Just get to the right wing. Capisce?" He growled before clearing the ear piece.

I slumped over to get to the wings of the stage and heard the crowd applaud as whoever was auditioning walked out onto stage.

"And what is your name?" Simon drawled out to the contestant.

"Hi," The cheery voice exclaimed, "I'm Camila Cabello."

A few more questions were asked as I made it up to see the girl on stage. She was about my age and very pleased to be standing in front of the judges in a blue button up and bright white pants.

LA Reid asked her his question, "What do you do when you're not singing?"

With a nervous but excited voice, the girl replied, "I would love to say something really interesting but all I do is sing karaoke and like watch One Direction videos."

Everyone laughed at her response and I noticed the quirkiness of her. It was so magnetic.

They allowed her to sing and the audio started. Even I knew there wouldn't be enough time for this to air with the amount of people who had auditioned today.

"What you want Baby, I got

What you need

Do you know I got it? All I'm askin'

Is for a little respect when you come home

Hey baby, when you get home

R­-E-­S­-P-­E-­C-­T

Find out what it means to me

R-­E-­S­-P­-E-­C-­T

Take care, TCB

Ooo, your kisses Sweeter than honey And guess what? So is my money

All I want you to do for me
Is give it to me when you get home"

I couldn't even fathom what I was listening to. She was so beautiful and her voice was so amazing.

I knew I had to meet her or even tell her how good she was. There was something in the back of my mind that told me if I didn't talk to her now that is never get another chance.

The judges began the public deliberation and I knew I had to get to the other side of the stage as fast as I could.
I pushed passed stage hands and crew members, ran over cords and tripped a little in the process.

I could hear the crowd applause as Camila said 'thank you'.

I knew I was almost there but I was so scared I would miss her. I began hauling ass as fast as I could.

I couldn't stop myself in time and I ran into a figure that popped out of nowhere to cause them and I to both fall on the ground.

"Hey watch it." I groaned, rubbing my temples.

"Sorry." The other person giggled, getting up on their own.

I looked up to see it was her and I was speechless.
"Oh my God." I said nervously, "I­-I didn't mean to say that to you."

She brushed off her white pants and held out her hand to help me out, "Ha, it's okay." I accepted her hand and she helped me up.

I was basically speechless and I couldn't let go of her hand, "Y­-y­-you were am­mazing."

Fuck. This nervous stutter is just making me look like a idiot.

She fluttered her eye lashes at me and smiled, brushing her dark brunette hair back behind her ear where it belongs, "Thank you. Are you going through, too?" She said happily.

I shook my head, "No, I'm just in the crew. I'm not talented enough to b­-be here."

"Oh." She smiled, "Then I guess I'll be seeing you around?"

An older woman and man, possibly her parents came up with a smile and grabbed her hand, "Come on, Mila. We need to go get the paperwork for the show."

"Oh okay." She smiled happily to them as they pulled her off. "Wait!" She yelled out to me as I watched her be forcibly dragged away, "What's your name!"

"Y/N!" I yelled out happily.

"Okay." She giggled, now allowing her parents to take her away in ease.

I watched and studied every bit of her figure as it left the back of the stage. I think I'm gonna like her.

--
­­
Now, I don't want to give too much away but we can just call this the beginning of something bigger. Except I didn't know it just yet.

+

a/n:

decided to write this not only bc y'all need fluff

but also because @starsndusts requested this book and I like the thought of bringing it all back to the beginning.

-agf