Not Even the Beginning

It's two am and I'm still awake. Sleepy, yes, but eyes wide open. I can't sleep. Not yet. My eyelids are on a protest but I know how to fight. I yawned for the nth time.

I'm busy. Retweeting, liking, tapping the favorite button. See? Busy.

Another tweet from him came in. He's having a good day and I'm having a battle with my drooping eyes. Unfair.

"YouNow? :)"

I groaned and buried my face in my Harry Potter pillow. I don't have YouNow account. I want to, but I'm pathetic enough to think that live streaming is so not my type of App. Im just plain ordinary for someone to be excited to be in touch with me via YouNow.

That's when I decided to get off my phone and lay on my back. I stared at my glow-in-the-dark stars filled ceiling before permitting myself to succumb to sleep.

----
Another squealing sound from my alarm clock forced me to finally slam it hard.

I stretched and did my morning routine. Tidied my bed before pulling out a yoga mat under my bed. I laid it down and did sit-ups till I can't do it anymore. Put the mat back under the bed then extracted a body fitting black polo shirt, jeans a bit tattered, underwear and a pair of footsack.

I'm done preparing after half an hour and putting my treasured black and gray colored Nike Air on. Snatched an apple from the kitchen table before sprinting out of my apartment, my backpack bouncing on my back.

I glanced at my watch to see that I am running late. Another turn and I am on the street where the coffee shop I'm working is located.

"Whew! Made it!"

I exclaimed panting as I raced to the small room at the back of the cashier.

"Almost, didn't made it," My boss, Sarina pointed out playfully and I just grinned at her. "Up all night again?"

"Well... I am in love!" I just reasoned out, chuckling.

She groaned and I moved to my place inside the coffee shop. Alongside stuff used for making coffee, brewing teas and serving cakes or pastries.

"Hey, Sasha called a while ago. She's looking for you." Sarina informed me as I was putting on my cap and work apron.

"She told me she'll give me time to think." I muttered pouting.

"Oh, you know how she is when she's excited. You do realize she's been living alone for three years now and she desperately want someone to live with her. Specially now that she already have her own house." Sarina reasoned out. She and Sasha are twins and my father's cousin. Speaking of my Dad, he haven't called me for days. Bet she's having fun with Aunt Margie in Boracay.

I'm Kaeci (Keysi), by the way. Im 18, and I'm an aspiring sommelier, if that's relevant. My Mom passed away seven years ago when I was eleven. My Dad made sure that he does not leave me behind and stayed by my side at that painful time. Fulfilling the role my mom left. So when he found someone to stay with him for the rest of his life again, I gave them my blessing. Plus Aunt Margie is a cool and funny woman I didn't think twice.

"But.. I still.. Argh!" I groaned. Confusion dawning on me again.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Sarina asked examining me closely.

"No." I choked out. Not seeing the point of sudden topic change.

"Well.. What's holding you back?" She asked again.

I shrugged. Sasha's in Carson. Managing her own Coffee Shop. She and Sarina dreamed of having one each when they're younger and fulfilling it now. Both are 32 and doing a great job. Singles.

Sasha offered me a job a month ago. I already have one, in Sarina's Coffee Shop but everyone are thinking that I should do it. And by everyone, that includes Dad and Aunt Margie.

"Well.. There's my Dad and Aunt Margie." I answered. "Aaand.. Am I not a good sommelier for you to want to kick me out and send me to Sasha, instead." I added. Squinting my eyes at her.

"Aw, c'mon. Stop being silly. I'll get complaints from our regulars for sending off their "most-talented and amazing" tea brewer/coffee maker." She started explaining. "But you must see why we want you to take this chance. It's pretty amazing, you know."

I sighed. It actually is. And I'll be doing what I love the most. Brewing and cooking.

Well, Sasha actually offered me to live with her in Carson. I'll be working at her Coffee shop with the same post that I have with Sarina's. Her original employee is getting married in two month's time and she needs replacement. Apparently, she doesn't want to hire just anyone to take over. She's actually expecting me to fly from the Philippines next week, now I'm pressured.

Before I took over Mandy's post-- the bride-to-be-- I'll be getting a crash course for cooking and coffee/tea brewing. Part of her bribe because she knows how much I would love to learn more about my craft.

"And who'll take my place here?" I voiced out the questions I have since Sarina agreed with her sister's request.

"I've been studying further, remember?" She answered pertaining to the lessons she's been taking about teas and coffees.

I sighed. Its like they are planning this all this time.

"I.. Oh gosh, you're pressuring me." I exclaimed pressing my palm on my forehead. I want to. But an argument is forming in my head. Im perfectly fine on just following him on Twitter. Waiting for his name to appear on my News Feeds. A perfectly virtual relationship-- not just we have one-- I wish. And the place I'm considering to live in, is where he's at. It's not like Carson is as big as a park to see him immediately, but it's like taking a risk of entering a spot on his life that I know Im never gonna be a part of-- ever.

She does not stir but continued looking at me.

And I suddenly have this feeling of going. Of accepting it. The feeling that I've been waiting to feel since I've received Sasha's offer.

I sighed and faced Sarina. Who immediately beamed at my expression. She quickly dialed a number. And few seconds later, I heard Sasha's squealing voice at the other line.

I sighed, took a deep breath but smiled with excitement.