Chapter 7: Attack (Other Side)

Voxen lowered himself to the ground before turning into his dragon form, making his trek through the woods easier. He'd only walked for about twenty minuets before running into Acidius. "What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be at home with Emerald?" Acidius looked from the patch of herbs, his mouth full, putting them in his side bag before speaking. "I'm gathering herbs. We're getting low, and I'm the only on who can come this far to get them, and I'm more well equipped to be out her in this weather." Before Voxen could respond, a loud screech rang through the forest. "RAVEN!!" Both roared, answering her call. Voxen turned, running as fast as his legs would carry him, Acidius hot on his heels. The house came in sight, growls and Raven crying, loud and clear. Both men rammed the door at the same time, causing it to fly open, revealing Pythor and a bleeding Raven. Acidius curled his lips back, revealing the venom dripping from his fangs. Voxen snarled deeply, growling at the same time, Acidius doing so soon after. Both roared, challenging Pythor, wanting to protect Raven. Watching Pythor turn, his claws covered in her blood, returning their roars, before leaping, aiming for them both, only managing to hit Voxen, because Acidius dodged the attack, as they rolled out into the rain. Pythor pinned Voxen for a moment before being thrown off, by Voxen, the desire to protect Raven, overtaking him. He rushed Pythor, pinning him. "Why would you do that to her? I thought you loved her." Pythor used his back legs to launch Voxen, making him land flat on his back, before being pinned again. "I had my reasons." Voxen rolled to his side, forcing Pythor to release him, before jumping on his back, digging his claws in, just managing to scratch his shoulder. Pythor cried out, before whipping around, and tossing him off, before going after his hip, using his claws that were now clean from the falling rain, digging deeply, making Voxen screech. Voxen started snapping at Pythor's neck, his own venom dripping. Pythor used his own large fangs to tear at the wound on Voxen's hip, making it deeper, now bleeding profusely. Voxen managed to get a good hard bite at Pythor's throat, making him screech from the burning sensation, only seeming to make him more angry than he already was, before he began to lunge at Voxen, managing to grab him by his hip, and throwing him into a nearby bush against a tree. Voxen pulled himself up, feeling the plant matter in his wound, which was surely infected now. Voxen crouched before tackling Pythor, making him roll into some brambles. Pythor shook his head, as his eyes started to become cloudy, Voxen's venom starting to take effect, but Pythor still had plenty of fight left in him. He pulled himself up, before dashing, and going for Voxen's wing, making it harder for Voxen to escape if he managed to land a hit. Voxen dodged it, and blew a blast of his black blue fire, hitting Pythor on his shoulder, making the already infected wound bleed. Pythor snarled, and blew his own, the white and purple fire devastating if he landed a hit on Voxen's already destroyed hip. Voxen turned and reared, making the fire hit his stomach, causing the matching blue underside to become burnt and blackened. Voxen roared, using his mimic technique, to change the sound, and copy the great devourer's hiss, knowing of Pythor's fear. Pythor didn't even flinch, as a screech mixed with a roar, pierced Voxen's ears. Voxen fell to his side, the damage to his hip now having become to much for him to stand. Voxen decided to use his last resort, and summoned his illusions, an army of shadow snakes appearing, before wrapping around Pythor, doing their best to hold him still till the venom took full effect, some going to Voxen's hip, and forming a temporary seal to stop the bleeding for a short time. Pythor roared for the last time, before falling to his side, Voxen's venom now coursing through his body. Almost all of his illusions disappearing, except for the ones covering his hip. Voxen shakily stood, and limped over to Pythor. "When you made your vows, you promised to love and cherish Raven, for all of time. Never to hurt her, only to protect her. If it was the best of times or the worst of times, in sickness or in health, both of you would love eachother and protect eachother with every fiber of your very being, even if fate has separated you, your hearts would remain as one. You read self written vows, she played the classic guarder trick on you, you smashed cake in eachothers faces, and shared your first dance. And now you go and attack her, the Pythor I met would've never even thought of hurting her. I'd best your sorry butt in the house, otherwise it'd be my head." Voxen used his illusions to create shadow dragons that would carry him. "To the den. And lock the door when you leave, I don't want him waking up early and going after Raven again." They did as told, while Voxen went to go see how Raven was doing. On his way through the main room, he heard mewling, going over to see the source, he was met with tree extremely pale dragons, each having a small amount of vomit infront of them. "You all look terrible. I'd better get you to Acidius." He gently scruffed all three at the same time before heading up the steps, his illusions returning to him, and the ones on his hip disappearing, for he had become to weak. Reaching the door and opening it. (if you read the last chapter. then we all know what happens from here. so let's skip ahead to the part where Voxen leaves) Voxen turned into his fog like form, moving to the ground softy, before turning back into a dragon, his hip hurting. He turned his head toward the window, hearing the couple's roars. "Raven, please be careful." He whispered before heading on his way home, limping the entire way. Worried about his dear friend.

A/N: The next chapter will be back to following Raven and Pythor. We should be starting at the point where Acidius told Raven she could go and see Pythor. Until then, read away. Because I'm starting to get writer's block.